No video playback in browser

bmali22

Reaction score
I'm having another issue... I can't view videos on my stock browser when I'm on rubix 1.9.5. Is there a fix to this or has anyone else experienced this

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
Anyone?

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
Mp4... I believe and yes flash is installed

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
Embedded

Reaction score
hmmm i'm having some issues now too...
the ones i tried were embeded via vimeo

edit: tried some embeded ones on the phone via a custom flashplayer i wrote and they work great so it seems to depend on the source site of the video.

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
So what you are telling me is just deal with it or use a third party browser?

Reaction score

nope, just troubleshooting it man.

so we know some embeded videos won't play.
I just tried the same video in Dolphin HD and it didn't play there either, so a 3rd party browser isn't a work around.
I tried the video on my tablet and it ran fine in both dolphin and stock browser.

then i tried the same video on a 100% stock dx i have laying around here and it didn't play.

That tells me it's probably something in the framework? septhin, drod chime in here if i'm off base...

if you can give me a url to one of the videos you are having issues playing i'll be happy to run the same test.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

nope, just troubleshooting it man.

so we know some embeded videos won't play.
I just tried the same video in Dolphin HD and it didn't play there either, so a 3rd party browser isn't a work around.
I tried the video on my tablet and it ran fine in both dolphin and stock browser.

then i tried the same video on a 100% stock dx i have laying around here and it didn't play.

That tells me it's probably something in the framework? septhin, drod chime in here if i'm off base...

if you can give me a url to one of the videos you are having issues playing i'll be happy to run the same test.

it very well might be a framework issue, or maybe an issue with the decoding utilities.

The ViewSonic GTab plays every video except for MKV I believe. The DX has to be specially encoded. The GTab also uses Stagefright to decode, while the DX uses OpenCore.