NO NETWORK CONNECTION AFTER FACTORY RESERT

gphofuetsile

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sumsung S5
My name is g Phofuetsile, I am in Botswana, I bought my sumsung S5 in Dubai, it worked for a week in Botswana, then it gave me a problem in answering, I did factory resert, after reserting the phone is not connecting to network, I took it to sumsung office help me they failed, anybody to help me pls, now I am not using it because it cant connect to network.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum @gphofuetsile When you say it's not connecting to the Network, I assume it's the carrier data network. Is it connecting to WIFI?

Have you tried removing the battery for 5 minutes? If not give it a shot and let us know if it resolves your problem.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum@gphofuetsile ! Try what Jeffrey suggested and let us know if that resolved the problem. Did you purchase the phone new from your carrier, new from a store in Dubai, or was it purchased used ? If Jefferies suggestions don't help, you might take it into your carrier and have them give you a new SIM card. If that doesn't work, you may have to contact the person/store where you purchased it to see if they'll replace it. (Depending on how long it's been since you purchased it) I'm not sure of the return policies in other countries, but in the US, you typically have 2-4 weeks depending on the carrier or store where the device was purchased.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

OP
G

gphofuetsile

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sumsung S5
Welcome to the Forum @gphofuetsile When you say it's not connecting to the Network, I assume it's the carrier data network. Is it connecting to WIFI?

Have you tried removing the battery for 5 minutes? If not give it a shot and let us know if it resolves your problem.

It is connecting to WIFI, I removed the battery, still it does not connect to the net work, should I throw it away as Dubai is far now!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It is connecting to WIFI, I removed the battery, still it does not connect to the net work, should I throw it away as Dubai is far now!
Have tried a new SIM card? Did you buy the phone new or used?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you using 3G or 4G? On 4G, it should register automatically. However, on 3G, you sometimes have to call a particular number for it be register back on the correct network. Also, keep in mind, if you're in a roaming area, it may not activate and register on the network at all. (For example, the network was available in Dubai, but now that you're in Botswana, you may be roaming.)

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You may want to consider reinstalling the OS.