No love for the LG G6, what up with that6

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
I love this phone, I previously had the G2 and G4, and I think the G6 is the best LG phone yet. This LG is forum is dead though.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
as usual, thought of something I should have said to answer your original question in my first post.

I seriously thought about getting the LG G6 but the thing that stopped me was the older processor it was using - snapdragon 821. Most newer flagship phones are coming out or going to come out with the 835 or 836. since I keep my phones for a couple of years, I did not want something that could start bogging down a year or so from now. apps are starting to use more and more resources so it could be a problem. I think this put off a lot of power users.

A lot of other users did not get the LG G6 because of past issues with the older models and the poor quality of customer support they felt they received. Hopefully the extended warranty for the newest model will help since you don't give long warranties unless you have a lot of faith in your product.

OP
SILVER COUPE

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
as usual, thought of something I should have said to answer your original question in my first post.

I seriously thought about getting the LG G6 but the thing that stopped me was the older processor it was using - snapdragon 821. Most newer flagship phones are coming out or going to come out with the 835 or 836. since I keep my phones for a couple of years, I did not want something that could start bogging down a year or so from now. apps are starting to use more and more resources so it could be a problem. I think this put off a lot of power users.

A lot of other users did not get the LG G6 because of past issues with the older models and the poor quality of customer support they felt they received. Hopefully the extended warranty for the newest model will help since you don't give long warranties unless you have a lot of faith in your product.
I don't think it's that big a deal honestly. The G6 has wireless charging, the S8 does not. I like where the G6 has the finger print scanner/power button, it's in the perfect place I think.

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I don't think she's it's that bug a deal honestly. The G6 has wireless charging, the S8 does not. I like where the G6 has the finger print scanner/power button, it's in the perfect place I think.

if you are talking about galaxy s8, it does have wireless charging. It's been the norm for several galaxy models the last few years now.

OP
SILVER COUPE

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
if you are talking about galaxy s8, it does have wireless charging. It's been the norm for several galaxy models the last few years now.
Yeah your right it does I thought I saw a you tube videos comparing the two and the guy said the S8 didn't support it. I was wrong, my bad. Im still happy with my G6. I almost went with S8, but I didn't want to chance a battery explosion, lol. I do like the Note though, but the battery issues kept me away from them.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Seriously nowadays, "processor" is the last thing I look at when contemplating a new flagship to buy. I doubt that's what stopped 90% of people who compared this phone to anything else and bought it. We are 'enthusiasts' after all.

This forum is freaking deadsville though. What's up with that?

OP
SILVER COUPE

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
It's
Seriously nowadays, "processor" is the last thing I look at when contemplating a new flagship to buy. I doubt that's what stopped 90% of people who compared this phone to anything else and bought it. We are 'enthusiasts' after all.

This forum is freaking deadsville though. What's up with that?

It's dead cause it's not a Samsung or a Google phone. They're popular so that's what people want to talk about. I love my G6. Very happy with my decision.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Actually since I posted that: disagree. There simply aren't a loi of LG @ Droidforums. There are plenty of other places that have a lot of G6 owners. XDA and AndroidCentral to name just 2. A lack of LG owners here isn't going to get better until LG owners start posting here. *Hint. LOL J/k