No Flash on Some Of The UK Versions of the Galaxy Nexus!!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Some of the Nexux owners in the UK are complain of not having Flash on their phones.
So i got my Galaxy Nexus in UK today, it's great but I tried to get Adobe Flash player (i know they've announced that they're stopping it) but it's not on the market. Is that it, no more flash player at all?! I thought it'd just stay as it was with only security updates, no new versions etc...

Got it today but...no Flash support - Android Forums

xaev01

Reaction score
Adobe probably has yet to update it to be "compatible" with ICS, even if that just means changing the market info.

sxm

Reaction score
Adobe has discontinued Flash on everything expect desktops.

I hope google does something to bring flash to ics.

xaev01

Reaction score
I know they've discontinued it. But the way I understand it, a developer can flag their app on the market to only be considered compatible with certain devices or versions of Android, preventing all others from downloading it. If Adobe has flash flagged as compatible with 2.x, and 3.x, someone running version 4.x wouldn't be able to install it from the market.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Sometimes you just wonder where you were when things made the news. Flash was a big + in android. It will be so long before everything gets updated.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I believe they're supporting it still though with stability/security fixes.

TBH this kind of stuff happens all the time during releases. Anyone with the OG Droid knows about app compatibility during the early days of Froyo/Gingerbread. It takes a good month or two for most apps to work fully on new versions.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I thought Adobe ceased all the updates and development for Flash on mobile platforms , they will only provide security fixes if security problems arise . They will not support future OS or browser versions . I also heard that they laid off 750 engineers working for Flash
At this point I hope the browser in ICS is similar to the one in Honeycomb and the version from Honeycomb can be installed . If the differences are to big I bet Adobe couldn't care less , it's not like they gonna rehire some of the engineers just to create an updated version for such a small target .

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Update: We got word that Flash hasn’t been released for ICS yet so as far as we know, Adobe will support Flash for ICS. We’re reaching out to Adobe for release date.
Update 2: Flash confirmed for Ice Cream Sandwich.

Source