No Edit Option in Contacts Menu

willolyn

Reaction score
There is no edit option in my contact's screen. Only delete, link and mark as default ~ I can't edit my contacts.

Any thoughts??

JackiA

Reaction score
If you are trying to edit individual contacts, long press on that contact and then select "edit." Another option is to back up your contacts using Back Up Assistant, then you can go on-line to your My Verizon account and edit them on-line and when you hit sync, the changes will automatically be made on your phone, too.

OP
W

willolyn

Reaction score
Tried the long press with no luck (only delete, link etc). All my imported contacts are listed as facebook contacts and the 4 contacts that came with the phone aren't. The menu and the long press brings up the edit option on those 4 numbers only.

Any help would be appreciated!

AmyJo

Reaction score
Me too

I'm having the same exact problem. When I first got my phone, I wasn't able to transfer my contacts over at a Verizon store so I put in just the couple I was going to need right away. Those contacts I'm able to Edit, Delete, Link Contact, Mark As Default and Send Namecard Via. The contacts that got tranferred from my old phone are different. When I press the menu key, I get Delete, Link Contact and Mark As Default. AND all those contacts have the Facebook symbol after them.
Crazier yet, when I try to set up a picture for the contacts: I go to my Camera, hit Image Viewer, hit Set As and the only contacts that come up are those three that I set up before getting my contacts transferred over.
Any ideas?

dricacho

Reaction score
Long pressing works for me, I get the EDIT option. Pressing the menu button after selecting the contact also gives me the EDIT option. I haven't rooted my phone yet since I'd rather wait for Froyo, then root it. Are you guys, who are experiencing issues, rooted?

MarkY3130

Reaction score
Information synched from facebook is not editable on the Droid. You need to add contacts on the phone or on the computer through your Gmail account. After you do that synch Facebook contacts with the phone again and as long as they are the same name they should synch up (No duplicate names).