No data connection after Wifi

Aquabach

Reaction score
Hi,
I did a search but didn't find any threads for this but I can't believe I'm the first one to screw this up.If there are threads I apologize for duplicating.

I have no data connection. The phone works. but the browser doesn't, nor apps that have to access the internet.
It worked before I enabled wifi. I enabled wifi at my Moms house and then when I left I could no longer get the browser to work. I disabled Wifi but it still doesn't work. I have a feeling this is simple and feel like a dork but I can't figure it out

How do I access the internet via 3g again?

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I did a search but didn't find any threads for this but I can't believe I'm the first one to screw this up.If there are threads I apologize for duplicating.

I have no data connection. The phone works. but the browser doesn't, nor apps that have to access the internet.
It worked before I enabled wifi. I enabled wifi at my Moms house and then when I left I could no longer get the browser to work. I disabled Wifi but it still doesn't work. I have a feeling this is simple and feel like a dork but I can't figure it out

How do I access the internet via 3g again?

Thanks

Try resetting the phone (turn off/on) and see if it doesn't come back. If that doesn't work then try a battery pull for a full minute to make sure the capacitors discharge. You should get 3G as soon as wifi is disconnected.

OP
A

Aquabach

Reaction score
Thanks Hookbill,
Removing the battery worked.
Don't know why it happened but if it happens again I know what to do
Thanks again
Jeff

Isaiah

Reaction score
it seems to happen to me a lot if i use wifi plus the media dock... usually just on and off solves it for me... or better yet airplane mode on/off

wfholcom

Reaction score
Turning WiFi off works for me. For some reason, I need to periodically turn off WiFi when things get gummed up. Mostly no problem but every now and then I'll have to do it.