No CWM installation method exists

carnyewest2

Reaction score
I rooted my Galaxy note 2. However when I use rom manager or that Adam guys method my phone bricks. Nothing works. If I try to use Odin the files fail even though I follow his instructions word for word. I just got my Galaxy so maybe mine came with every update prior to the 1-18 update which I have frozen so it never installs. Anyone have any success using CWM or whatever this TWRP is? I had a Droid x and rooted it multiple times and used multiple roms so I'm not completely blind to how this works. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

dad2adammegan

Reaction score
I used the method that Adam talked about and it worked perfectly. More importantly if your phone is truly "bricked" then Samsung will repair it for free so long as it is your first time having them repair it.

My definition of bricked is when you power the phone on you only get to the Samsung screen or a black screen. If you can get to recovery then your phone is not bricked in the sense of a bricked phone because you can access the phone through the usb port and if you are able to get to the numerical screen you can do a key set reset.

If you need Samsung then download the app "Samsung cares" and contact them. I did and was amazed with the service they offered.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Yeah I had to learn the differences between Samsung and Motorola device hacking, and fast lol. But I'm so glad I did trust me the pain and errors Are worth it. I just installed Jedi Rom from XDA and it's insane. It's like I first thought oh ill leave it stock its already so fast, but with every new Rom and kernel I try I am blown away. Absolutely try Jedis Rom first I can't believe what I'm seeing this Note 2 phone is a pure streamlined beast . I HIGHLY recommend everyone try a custom Rom and kernel. The battery life is still blowing me Away. Woke up at 6 for university, got back home checked my phone at 12am it wasn't even below 50% with mid-heavy usage after 18 hours. Full brightness too. This phone is absolutely amazing.

Sent from my Note 2 using the Droid Forums App

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I rooted my Galaxy note 2. However when I use rom manager or that Adam guys method my phone bricks. Nothing works. If I try to use Odin the files fail even though I follow his instructions word for word. I just got my Galaxy so maybe mine came with every update prior to the 1-18 update which I have frozen so it never installs. Anyone have any success using CWM or whatever this TWRP is? I had a Droid x and rooted it multiple times and used multiple roms so I'm not completely blind to how this works. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm fully unlocked, rooted, modded and beastin on my Note 2. I have TWRP installed and it works great. Just follow Adams unlock method with which ever update you have and ull be golden. Ur not truly bricked, ur probably just stuck on the galaxy note 2 screen. You may have to reflash the stock image.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Yeah I had to learn the differences between Samsung and Motorola device hacking, and fast lol. But I'm so glad I did trust me the pain and errors Are worth it. I just installed Jedi Rom from XDA and it's insane. It's like I first thought oh ill leave it stock its already so fast, but with every new Rom and kernel I try I am blown away. Absolutely try Jedis Rom first I can't believe what I'm seeing this Note 2 phone is a pure streamlined beast . I HIGHLY recommend everyone try a custom Rom and kernel. The battery life is still blowing me Away. Woke up at 6 for university, got back home checked my phone at 12am it wasn't even below 50% with mid-heavy usage after 18 hours. Full brightness too. This phone is absolutely amazing.

Sent from my Note 2 using the Droid Forums App

Yes I agree with your statement. I'm on Jelly Beans 6 right now and over clocked and this thing just beasts all day. People are truly missing the better side of android that is already good anyways, this just makes it that much better.