no audio on other devices from droid video

NemoX

Reaction score
I'm having a problem getting audio to work on other devices from video recorded on my Droid. It will play video on everything however. I can hear the audio on my droid if i play the video. However, I can not hear anything on my computer or a friend's iPhone. If email the video to this same friend's computer, they can hear the audio. I'm guessing its a codec incompatability issue, but is there any way to change the audio codec?

edit: I should note the videos are sent to the iPhone via MMS and either usb or direct email to the computers.

JayMonster

Reaction score
The Droid records in 3GP and is a mobile phone standard. No you cannot change the codec it records in (at least not yet). I am a bit surprised that the iPhone can not play it.

OP
N

NemoX

Reaction score
It it at all surprising that my computer running windows 7 does the same? Video but no audio?

JayMonster

Reaction score
Do you have quicktime on your PC? Quicktime should read a 3gp file just fine.

OP
N

NemoX

Reaction score
Yes, the latest version and can't hear sound. I'm playing files directly from the SD card

edit: scratch that, it plays in the quicktime player, just not in the windows media player. Still no luck getting it to work on the iPhone though.

laceyb

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I am on the Verizon network. I've noticed that I can hear the video from my phone and other Verizon phones, but can't hear the video when sent out of network to ATT and Sprint on various devices.

Have you found a solution?