Night time notification sounds

prodjbm

Reaction score
Is there a way that I can only have the phone notifacation sound (ring) during the night when I go to bed. I need to have my phone on at night but I don't want to hear any notifications from texts or emails received during the night.
I have a Droid Incredible and use handcent for texts and I do have the default messaging system disabled. I also use ringdroid so I can have a different text sound for each person.
Thanks !!!!!

xliderider

Reaction score
I use the app Quick Profiles and have a Night Mode defined to do exactly that, silence all tones and alarms except for the phone ringtone.

Then in the morning I set a Normal mode. I also have Silent, and Vibe Only modes.

J

Johnly

I was thinking a sexy vixen, a mermaid like sound.....yeah, quiet, and nice, unlike the man BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP............like it.......rolf

robyr

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Locale. All manners of conditions can be set. Its really truly slick, and it has multiple top notch plug ins. I like that there is no discernible performance or battery hit.

grizcoach

Reaction score
Night time notifications

Another possibility is Sweet Dreams. You can set separate volumes for phone and notifications according to a schedule. It came recommended by the Best Android Apps book (an android version of the iPhone book)

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I really like Timeriffic. Free, allows for multiple profiles, adjust by time based events.

Ringer
Notifications
Wi-FI
Bluetooth
Screen Brightness

I have it turn off all notifications except for the ringer at night, turn on vibration and no sounds for everything as well as Wi-fi during work hours/work days and turn vibrations off and sounds at 100% after work hours.

You can adjust volume levels...so you could turn volume to 50% or 70%, etc and turn notifications to 10% or 0% and so on.

mjk

Reaction score
I use the app Quick Profiles and have a Night Mode defined to do exactly that, silence all tones and alarms except for the phone ringtone.

Then in the morning I set a Normal mode. I also have Silent, and Vibe Only modes.

I am also looking for a phone only mode for night. I have Quick Profiles and can't get mine set to be silent except phone. Emails still vibrate instead of being silent. Can you tell me how you have yours set up?

Here are my settings:

Profile Name: Phone only
Sounds
Ringer mode: ring & vibrate
Ringer volume: 50%
Media volume: no change
Notification volume: 0%
Alarm volume: 50%
Voice call volume: no change

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really like Timeriffic. Free, allows for multiple profiles, adjust by time based events.

Ringer
Notifications
Wi-FI
Bluetooth
Screen Brightness

I have it turn off all notifications except for the ringer at night, turn on vibration and no sounds for everything as well as Wi-fi during work hours/work days and turn vibrations off and sounds at 100% after work hours.

You can adjust volume levels...so you could turn volume to 50% or 70%, etc and turn notifications to 10% or 0% and so on.
I've been using Timeriffic since I got my Droid and this works perfect. I also think the O.P. would also find the solution with this free program.

xliderider

Reaction score

I am also looking for a phone only mode for night. I have Quick Profiles and can't get mine set to be silent except phone. Emails still vibrate instead of being silent. Can you tell me how you have yours set up?

Here are my settings:

Profile Name: Phone only
Sounds
Ringer mode: ring & vibrate
Ringer volume: 50%
Media volume: no change
Notification volume: 0%
Alarm volume: 50%
Voice call volume: no change

It probably has to do with the fact that I always have my emails set to only notify me in the Notification Bar, and LED, but no tone or vibe. I did this for all email accounts.

You probably have to look for another app that allows you to set a profile that gives you the ability to change the setting for your email accounts. However, that may have to be controlled by your email apps for each account separately.

grizcoach

Reaction score
Sweet Dreams vs Timeriffic

In quickly checking out the two programs, the one advantage I see is you can have SD do it's thing according to location as well as time. That seems to be like Locale before it cost $10.99. The Timeriffic interface is nicer IMHO