NFC wallet: Can RAZR users do this yet?

psanford

Reaction score
After a little research, I learned that Google Wallet only supports a small number of Sprint phones not including Motorola. There is news from a year ago that Motorola and other phone manufacturers partnered with a competing standard called ISIS. What's the status now? Can I use my RAZR for NFC purchases, and how do I set this up?

JohnFH

Reaction score
The Razr and Razr Maxx do not have NFC. The new Razr phones, e. g., Razr M, are set up for NFC.

OP
P

psanford

Reaction score
Thanks John. I should have mentioned I have a RAZR M. So the question is: Is there an NFC point of sale service for RAZR phones that have NFC?

JohnFH

Reaction score
You're welcome, psanford. I have the Razr, but if the Razr M had been available when I bought my new phone a few months ago, I would probably have picked up the M. I don't think that many companies have NFC set up for point of sale, although this varies by location. It's a great concept, and I hope that it ramps up soon.

Last edited:

Droid101

Reaction score
As of right now their is no type of wallet support out for any verizon phones. Isis will only support the incredible 4g on the 22nd only in select markets, I believe salt lake is all. Any other verizon phone to support hasn't been announced so its unknown what if any others will anytime soon.

If you really can't wait though I'm sure their may be a workaround for Google wallet to work but it may require root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

delcopa

Reaction score
You can do it in the nexus without root. Been using it since I got the nexus. It is great in pa you can use it at wawa, home depot, Mc Donald's to name a few.

Still get a great reaction from the cashier and people near me when I pay using my phone lol.

Now that isis thing probably will have no support. The nfc does because you can have the cup on credit cards as well.

There are a few ways you can install Google wallet being rooted and you can also grab the apk and install without root. Just have to check unknown sources I believe. There are thread here with links and directions. Just do a quick search and if you have problems give me a yell

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2