Nexus on sale just in

nolanandy

Reaction score
IMO, if Google makes their own phone, then this is the end of Droid. In order to complete with Nexus and iPhone, Motorola has to drop the price again. I can't see the Droid going for $50 after rebate.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
IMO, if Google makes their own phone, then this is the end of Droid. In order to complete with Nexus and iPhone, Motorola has to drop the price again. I can't see the Droid going for $50 after rebate.
I really don't think so, not if it's going to be locked to the 4th largest carrier in the U.S. T-Mobile will likely get a lot of G1 and MyTouch coverts like Verizon got Storm switchers. Problem is, being the smallest of the "big four" they won't have as many people change carrier as Verizon did with the Droid.

lemodular

Reaction score
The screen seems to be a little more vibrant due to the fact that it is OLED, and the processor is fast, but until I sees it side by side next to a droid running 2.1 I can't say how fast it is. It looks nice but I'll probably stick with my droid and wait until nexus two.:)

not side by side, but you'll get an idea:
[video=youtube;1CJFdG-MARw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CJFdG-MARw[/video]

thedroidworld

Reaction score
No voice plan required

The hardware of the Nexus phone is not going to cut it. Being carrier-free will also not make a big difference. With a Google phone, if you don't have to subscribe to a voice plan but make do with just a data plan of $30 per month and use unlimited voice on Google voice, that might make a huge difference. Wouldn't that be around $30 to $50 savings every month with pretty much the same functionality? I know I would take it.

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
am I the only one who thinks this is just another developer phone?

No advertisements, everything is just rumors. Invite only purchasing.

from their first dev phone stuff
The Android Dev Phone 1 is a SIM-unlocked and hardware-unlocked device that is designed for advanced developers.

now replace Android Dev Phone 1 with Nexus One. That same sentence fits with all the rumors we've heard.

Dev phones 1 and 2 were made by HTC, Nexus One is made by HTC.
Dev phones 1 and 2 rebranded and sold on tmobile. Nexus One is rumored to be sold on tmobile.

Similarities between the rumors and the previous dev phones seem to me to be a bit more than coincidence.

My money is on that its just another unlocked dev phone that will get locked and be sold on tmobile.