Nexus on sale just in

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Interesting. I am looking forward to seeing who will get these invites.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
What about Verizon? Every article suggests "Yes T-Mobile No AT&T" but obviously the big question is Verizon.

LordKastle

Reaction score
We've been over this a million times.

Verizon rejected the Google phone. It will be sold on T-Mobie fully functional. It can be unlocked through AT&T but not sold through them and will only receive EDGE data NOT 3G.

As I have been saying....Google failed in its attempt to sell an unlocked phone and obviously the whole "invite only" idea is to save face and to build anticipation.

The big white elephant is in the room and Google did not accomplish the goal it wanted to. Unless of course you consider T-Mobile being the sole carrier a success.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Sorry as a newbie, I still don't understand what this phone will have over the Droid if they're both running 2.1. Besides being able to use overseas. Hardware specs seem very similar. Why all the hype?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well the screen is a little different. And the processor is supposed to be better. 512mb memory for apps.

But yea, it's not really going to be any better. No physical keyboard. Which is one of the main reasons I have the droid. Well, not now but originally yes.

Sorry as a newbie, I still don't understand what this phone will have over the Droid if they're both running 2.1. Besides being able to use overseas. Hardware specs seem very similar. Why all the hype?

LordKastle

Reaction score
There is no hype. The phone is going on sale in 10 days and no one knew what was going on with it.

Google purposely did not hype the phone because their goal had failed.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It also has a better screen than the Droid, but that's not enough to make me switch. The 1ghz processor sounds great, but again, not enough for me to switch.

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score

I believe it's google's first phone on it's own terms without added carrier stuff.

skidemn

Reaction score
It also has a better screen than the Droid, but that's not enough to make me switch. The 1ghz processor sounds great, but again, not enough for me to switch.

If it was a CDMA phone on Verizon I'd consider it, but here in Southern California you could not pay me to switch back to the shoddy service of AT$T (dollar sign intended!) or even worse coverage of T-nonMobile.

LordKastle

Reaction score
JHank.. just 3 weeks ago no body knew that the Passion pictures were actually the Google phone. Just today we find out that in 10 days the phone will go on sale.

That is hype? It is obvious why there was a lack of hype. The phone is prisoned to T-Mobile and can only receive EDGE on AT&T. People on AT&T will stick with the iPhone in other words until its next generation and if you want the Google phone go to T-Mobile, just like the G-1.

There has been no mention of the Google Phone outside forums and tech-websites. There has been an absence of information leading up to its release.

A month ago people were debating whether there was a Google phone or not.

Verizon protected the cell industry's manufacturers by refusing the Google Phone. Google basically tried to backstab the same manufacturers who have been pushing the Android OS as of late. Luckily for them it will basically be a T-Mobile phone, because if it wasn't the mobile OS wars would be a lot closer than you think going in to 2011. A blessing in disguise for Google was Verizon's denial. Do a little research and you'll see what I mean about this specific topic...

Last edited:

DurangoJim

Reaction score
The screen seems to be a little more vibrant due to the fact that it is OLED, and the processor is fast, but until I sees it side by side next to a droid running 2.1 I can't say how fast it is. It looks nice but I'll probably stick with my droid and wait until nexus two.:)