Nexus not playing nice with yahoo mail.

SSandro25

Reaction score
I set up my nexus to sync with my yahoo acct but after deleting my mail it keeps coming back as new mail about 5 min later. Anyone else experiencing this or know a possible solution?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I set up my nexus to sync with my yahoo acct but after deleting my mail it keeps coming back as new mail about 5 min later. Anyone else experiencing this or know a possible solution?

Well I sort of know a solution: For over a year now I've been using the Gmail app for all of my email accounts, even the pop3 accounts. It puts all email in one app, it saves on battery as the emails are pushed to the phone when they are received by Google and it works right all the time!!

Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server

Sorry if this isn't the answer you are looking for. I just never use the native email app and thought I would offer what I can. If nothing else, this gets your post back up near the top of the list.

Good luck.

cebosound

Reaction score
I think my Gmail and Yahoo Mail are set to push every email real time. I would like to set my phone to only push email every couple hours or so... to try to save battery.

Any ideas how to do this? WIll the suggested combined email work for that ?

Thanks

tacticalfats

Reaction score
It seems the most recent version of yahoo mail sucks. I haven't updated, and I've had none of the issues you're describing.

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
dont use the yahoo app. just set it
manually in the email app that comes with the os

cebosound

Reaction score
dont use the yahoo app. just set it
manually in the email app that comes with the os

oh ok. maybe thats the direction i need to go. I like the yahoo app, I think it works pretty good. I just can't find any place where i can change the "Sync Frequency". Thats too bad it isn't built in to the app or into ICS.

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
the standard email app works ten times better and has the sAme features. you will like it better. i can send you the config settings or link maybe

cebosound

Reaction score
the standard email app works ten times better and has the sAme features. you will like it better. i can send you the config settings or link maybe

yeah, if you can send me config settings and link that would be great. I will give it a shot.

KingFish16

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the standard email app. I have 3 accounts config'd to my Nexus and would like to also view these emails on my pc. I'm using the IMAP settings but am "loosing emails" on the phone. This is the same setup that worked for years on my old blackberry. On the Nexus, I try to access them from the "Inbox" folder on each account or the "Combined View" and they're not there the next day. I found that my gmail account emails get moved out of the "Inbox" folder into the "All Mail" folder automatically. This happens every day for mail from the previous day and has also happened in the middle of the day for the day's current emails. I also have a Comcast account that loses the message out of the "Inbox" folder, but they aren't available in any other phone folder. I disabled my 3rd account from the pc and don't lose any emails from that account's "Inbox". Anybody else having similar issues? The "Combined View" only seems to join multiple accounts "Inbox" folders. Does anyone know if it can combine other folders?

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Use these on the pics. Mine works great. Just plugin your info. Easy as counting to 3. Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325012420011.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1325012420011.png
    92 KB · Views: 541
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325012431475.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1325012431475.png
    88 KB · Views: 502

cebosound

Reaction score
Use these on the pics. Mine works great. Just plugin your info. Easy as counting to 3. Lol

Okay. I setup my Email app like you mentioned. Set auto sync to be every 1 hour. I figure I can manual refresh easy enough if i want to check. The only difference from you screen shot settings is in the "Outgoing Settings" . they put android at the beggining automatically. i just left it that way. do you think i need to change it? Example: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com.

I hope this significantly helps with battery life. I have also decided to keep my phone at 3G, while using wifi at home. I will manually turn on the 4G when i need it. ... I gotta find away to get more battery life than what i've been getting. maybe rooting will help once i do that.

thanks again!

***EDIT .. by the way, i uninstalled the yahoo mail app. But i can't uninstall the Gmail app. so i tried to go into the gmail settings and turn off "auto sync" . i think it worked. but am wondering if that will keep gmail from updating "every 1 hour" do the "Email" app. ?

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the android in front. I guess as long as you can send it works. Now as for the gmail app what you did should work for manually updating it only.

Edit. I have gotten over 24 hours on my extended battery 3g only and wifi while home with 40 % of screen use. stock rom with 700mhz on setcpu too. lol i have a post on it

cebosound

Reaction score
so far so good. my battery seems to holding much better after doing those 2 main things.
1. stopping instant sync from 2 emails (yahoo and gmail)
2. keep phone on 3G. with WIFI on while at home.

*I will have to keep an eye on the syncing. I would like it too be set for every 2 hours. but only saw option for 1hour (as far as longest frequency setting) . I will see if my gmail and yahoo mail sync once ever hour; and see if my gmail will need to be manually checked. .... But for me manual wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience.

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
i was reading that gmail is pushed to the phone so i dont know if the phone actually looks for it. Maybe google just pushes it to a connected phone via 3 g or wifi. I dunno.