Nexus 6 Spigen Slim Armor case review:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
n6_new_title_sa_ms.jpg

Wow and I do not mean that in a good way. I have bought many accessories through Spigen and would gladly point to them as one of the go to companies for smartphone accessories. But this by far is uncharacteristic of the quality product that Spigen puts out. The case itself is very nice as I bought the metal slate version. I am impressed with how slim the case feels in hand and it looks like it will protect my phone while providing a premium look. But where the device fail is in the design with the kick stand. Literally the kickstand was at the bottom of the package when I took it out. Instead of being attached it sits in a groove and the phone is suppose to hold it in its place. Had the kickstand been at least held in firmly with tape it probably would hold up better than the way it is designed now. Because this case is priced at $18 I give this a grade of 2/5 stars. I will post some pictures in a bit but very bad design and I hope Spigen redo the design of the kickstand or drop the price by $7.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I saw a video on this model of case for another phone. The point of the video was expressly to show people how to install & use the kickstand. That's how they work. Doubt they'll make a change now, but you never know.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I saw a video on this model of case for another phone. The point of the video was expressly to show people how to install & use the kickstand. That's how they work. Doubt they'll make a change now, but you never know.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yup. Something like that.

A few things... First, is that how you pronounce it? "Speegan"? I've been calling it "Speejin".

Second, they use quality materials and their cases fit quite nicely, but...

Third, the fact that they have to provide usage instructions with A PHONE CASE is sad. A case should be intuitive to put on and use. If it were a multilayered job like an otterbox, I might understand, but with the Note 4, their vague directions on the heart rate monitor, "don't press, just touch. Relax." were garbage. To get my finger in there, I HAD to push. Ended up cutting the tpu from between the sensor & the camera so I could use a standard feature of the phone. Don't even get me started on the placement of the mic holes on the vzw version & their hasty rush to get the case out quick...

Sent from my Note 4