Nexus 6 and 5 To Receive Marshmallow OTA Starting October 5th

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus2cee_MarshmallowUpdateTelusNexus-728x162.jpg

If you are beginning to get a bit anxious for the Marshmallow official roll out you will be happy to know that our sources are giving us a date of October 5th. This is when you can expect an official OTA update from Google for your Nexus 5 or Nexus 6. Google is set to show off the new Nexus 6P and 5X on September 29th. Maybe we will also see these devices on sale or who knows maybe even shipped by October 5th!

via Telus

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Seems like the android versions are rolling faster and faster these days. It's hard to keep up, for those of us who can't simply get a new device. It sucks since I'm on 5.0.1 on the note 4 but yet another reason to go nexus :)

Sent from my Note 4

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Seems like the android versions are rolling faster and faster these days. It's hard to keep up, for those of us who can't simply get a new device. It sucks since I'm on 5.0.1 on the note 4 but yet another reason to go nexus :)

Sent from my Note 4
Once you go Nexus you don't go back ;)

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any word on whether Google will still insist on encrypting the file system by default? That;s very annoying to not give you a choice, requiring you to unlock the bootloader and install a custom kernel, which then won't allow you to get any OTA's...

Google, must make it a damned option and let the user decide!

boidsonly

Reaction score
Marshmallow/ 6.0 from T-Mobile is downloading to my N6 as I type this......