Next Gen DROIDS ha I wonder...

eliassami5

Reaction score
well the Droids back button is placed all the way on the left so than when the hard keyboard is out you can easily reach the back button without jumping over all the other soft touch buttons. So i can see why they didnt need to have the back button in that location for the X and the Inc. since they both dont have a hardware keyboard. And for the fact that the Inc. and the X are made by 2 totally different manufacturers so i would expect some differences.

OP
DroidHoff

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Good point, but wouldn't leaving the buttons in the same spot for non keyboard devices still make sense? Just because you don't have the keyboard doesn't mean you HAVE to move them. Also look at the newly leaked pics for the Droid 2, the back button is where the home button is on the original DROID.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Despite evidence to the contrary on this board, relatively few people use multiple phones, much less multiple Droid models at the same time. I suspect manufacturers see little reason to standardize on button placement.

On the other hand, if there is anything in the world that needs to be standardized, it's voice mail interfaces. :icon_evil: