News on the firmware update

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
So, at last, Motorola speaks:

Matt said:
...But updates for Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, and others are coming. Of course I can't provide dates, but it's coming. If you are signed up for the Motorola Feedback Network, there will be soak invitations sent out at some point.

Hooray, I guess by November or December (once Ice Cream Sandwich gets released) we'll finally receive our long-awaited update!

eMWu

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I hope Matt meant an update to gingerbread.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
And this is why I jumped ship from motorola to htc.

I'll most likely switch to a different manufacture after this. As much as I like motorolas hardware, its the software that kills it. Maybe by the time the droid 4 comes around they can figure out how to communicate with verizon and its costumers.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jcl197

Reaction score
I do like motorola hardware, its good stuff. my droid 2 global had a great speaker, multicolor led, and the keyboard. but the software made the phone a fail. i got tired of random reboots, and then when my touchscreen went bad and they kept sending my refurbs with different problems i was done. I got the Droid Incredible 2, the phone is great, the speaker not so much, but hey i can finally hear people clearly and they can hear me so ill take that over a loud speaker and keyboard anyday.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
my girlfriends htc evo shift has recieved 3 system updates since it came out in january. the d2g has only officially had the .29 to .33 update that was back in december!

on a side note check out bikedude, revnumbers and angel's progress on cyanogenmod 7...inverted camera is now fixed.

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Motorola updated the radio firmware on Decembers update and they ruined the gsm connectivity. So for me it was worst and I have to stay on the first stock rom.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
That sounds very weird. I was on 2.4.330 prior to trying CM7. Had zero issues, and I only use GSM.

hgrimberg

Reaction score
That sounds very weird. I was on 2.4.330 prior to trying CM7. Had zero issues, and I only use GSM.

Well, you are probably using the d2g in Europe/Asia, but it has been reported from Canada and other places in the Americas that 2.4.330 has been a big failure in gsm reception. So instead of improving the phone, they ruined it.

Asphyx

Reaction score

Well, you are probably using the d2g in Europe/Asia, but it has been reported from Canada and other places in the Americas that 2.4.330 has been a big failure in gsm reception. So instead of improving the phone, they ruined it.

I think that says more about American GSM carriers than anything to do with the Phone...

hgrimberg

Reaction score

I think that says more about American GSM carriers than anything to do with the Phone...

Oh, no, on 2.4.29 the gsm reception is better. They ruined it on 2.4.330. Maybe on gingerbread it will only work on cdma, haha. Its actually sad...

hellajdm

Reaction score
Hooray, I guess by November or December (once Ice Cream Sandwich gets released) we'll finally receive our long-awaited update!

So basically... We'll get Gingerbread, but then we will probably (well hopefully) have a port of ice cream sandwich leaving us back to where we started in reach for the next OS. LOL

hgrimberg

Reaction score
There's a gb leak...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk