Newly need help

broman77

Reaction score
Hi im new to flashing not sure how too had my phone rooted til I got gb update want to root again nit sure how and want to know what the difference is a rom or gb

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Saosinx

Reaction score
Root GB on your D2G by using the Droid 3 one click method. The roms for froyo won't work on gingerbread cause of the different kernel. I'm running cyanogenmod7 and you can find it on rootzwiki under the D2G developers forum.

Sent from CM7ed D2G

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
alternative method for CM7 is to download rom toolbox from the market

mecohe03

Reaction score
Hi im new to the whole custom roms and flashing, after watching several videos on youtube ive managed the following:

1) rooted with z4 root

2) have rom toolbox pro and rom manager premium installed

3) have D2 bootstrapper installed

4) I have downloaded from the romtool box the top nightly version of Cyanogen Mod, The Gingerbread Leaked OTA (updating to a 4.5.606.a956.verizon.en.US & Android system: 2.3.3), and have the gapps downloaded onto my phone

- i've been doing much research on installing cyanogen mod onto the D2G, but for some reason every time i attempt to install it onto my phone i keep bootlooping, on one of the forums i followed the steps of someones advice and it brought me the furthest i've been to getting the cyanogen mod onto my cellphone, it told me i have to install all of the zips at the same time (after reseting to factory status, starting with part 1 gingerbread ota leak, then part 2, followed by installation of cyanogen mod, and lastly the gapps) but after i did all of that the cyanogen mod continued to boot loop

- Also it should be noted that i am on a Mac Book Pro, is that an issue?

-can someone please give me a step by step process on how to install the cyanogen mod onto the D2G correctly.

-(side note question) i've noticed on the cyanogen website they have different "devices" on the side but frankly half of those i dont even recognize the name of the phones, (ex: shadow) i was wondering if those are just different versions of the Cyanogen Mod? or are they actually different devices?