Newegg or Verizon?

JMacPro

Reaction score
hi all,
i am looking to get a DX but i don't wanna shell out $150 or whatever the price is for it new from verizon. from newegg it is $50 for a refurb. has anybody gotten a refurb phone from newegg? if so, how is the quality? also, should i pay the extra $50 to just get a certified pre owned from verizon?

thanks
JMacPro

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Another option is Amazon. They have the X for $50 as well. Also I was in Wal Mart the other day and saw that they have the X for 98.00. So there are a couple of additional options for you. Sorry all are new phones not refurbished by the way.

OP
J

JMacPro

Reaction score
i know for a fact that newegg is referb. i also thought amazon was. but it's really new?

OP
J

JMacPro

Reaction score
i just looked at amazon and i can't seem to find whether or not its new. can you please tell me where the info is located? thanks

TechJPC

Reaction score
I just called Amazon, they said the phones are new.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kevinkar

Reaction score
If a refurb comes with a good warranty, there's no reason not to take the savings. After all, we've all bought products (including phones) before, BRAND NEW, only to have it develop a problem and subsequently have it replaced with a refurb. Pretty much taking a huge hit on depreciation right off the bat.

If I knew I was going to have my MIB phone replaced by a refurb, I'd way prefer to have bought the refurb in the first place and save the dough!

Check the warranty and replacement costs and see if you can get the all-inclusive Assurion insurance that replaces it for just about anything for less than $10/month. If anything happens, they'll replace your refurb with another refurb anyway.

I say shop on best price/warranty and use the savings elsewhere such as an extended battery and a docking station or car dock.

minh5942

Reaction score
Hi JMacpro
You also can get at Costco for $50. It is new. From San Jose California. I went there yesterday to check some other phone. Good luck and have fun with new phone.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
my X was a certified pre-owned that we got because our samsung fascinates were a PITA. It has worked awesome and also holds the same warranty so i think it is fine thus far :) Especially if it saves you some cash.