Newbie...

messtress

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a newbie, as a matter of fact I won't have my droid for a few days. I am going to try it out and see if I like it better the blackberry Storm.

I am looking forward to getting to know the ins and outs of the Droid. So any suggestions, apps, tricks etc, feel free to let me know

Messtress

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Biggest tip I can give you...is read, read and read. So much information on this forum it can get overwhelming.

Reaction score
I agree with the guy on top. Im not gonna lie I'm preety amazing with computers but even that phone took some getting used too. Very high tech and isnt a toy for kids. If you love your Droid, It will love you. =) OH and Dont install any "appkillers" They Bricked the S***T out of my first Droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a newbie, as a matter of fact I won't have my droid for a few days. I am going to try it out and see if I like it better the blackberry Storm.

I am looking forward to getting to know the ins and outs of the Droid. So any suggestions, apps, tricks etc, feel free to let me know

Messtress

:welcome: to the forum. I have owned both the Blackberry Storm and the Storm 2. You know what's interesting? Whenever a discussion comes up about "which phone is better" the Storm isn't even mentioned. Not even considered. iPhone, Nexus 1, that's what's talked about. And that shows how far out of the league the Storm is compared to the Droid.

I was a huge Blackberry fan and I never thought I would switch but you know what the Storm 2 and the hard button issues and that just gave me enough time in the Verizon store to play around with the Droid and I was hooked.

I will say it's not for everybody and you can expect a huge learning curve and possibly a good brain washing, but once you get past that you'll see what a truly great phone this is.

One other thing. Time Magazine chose the Droid for "Gadget of the Year." i-Phone finished fourth. Blackberry Storm didn't make the list.

fgw

Reaction score
Welcome

I am also a Storm convert. I love the Droid and, as I said in a different thread - I do NOT miss the daily battery pulls. I still had my original Storm 1 and was getting ready to go to the 2 and, like you, thought I would never leave the Blackberry world. Well, here I am and there is no looking back.

I started reading the forums before I ever got the Droid and I read them everyday. I an not a tech but am catching on and reading the forums has helped me tremendously. So have fun and enjoy a great phone!:icon_ lala: