Newbie question.

jrjuday

Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post, so please be gentle with me! My wife was eligible for an upgrade through Verizon in August, so she got an iphone to replace her old droid so she could sync easily with her macbook pro. She's happy. I traded in my "dumb" phone for a Droid 3, so I'm REALLY happy. So, here's my question; is there anything I can use her old phone for? It's in incredibly good shape for a 2 year old phone, holds a charge well, etc. Just hate to see it being an expensive paper-weight.
I've learned a lot, reading on this forum in the last month, and hope to be here a long time.

sjackson007

Reaction score
You can always keep it as a backup, ish happens and sometimes you need an extra phone. Option 2, sell it on eBay or Craigslist.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sold mine on ebay for $92 then used $25 to get the extended battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
You can use it for a spare camera, backup phone, MP3 player & games. If you have a WiFi connection, you can use it to get surf the internet. Kids love to play on them. Or you could sell it. Those are a few things that come to mind.

Btw, :welcome: to the forum.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

OP
J

jrjuday

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas and the welcome. Keeping the grandkids occupied sounds like a good way to utilize the old droid.

pepsi3573

Reaction score
We have hubby's OG Droid logged into our wifi for netflix, games, & streaming radio. Makes a great back up and a reward when my din had a good week at school, pick a movie to watch on Daddy's phone is a great incentive for a good spelling test.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas and the welcome. Keeping the grandkids occupied sounds like a good way to utilize the old droid.

Put Angry Birds and a case on it to keep anything from cracking/breaking and you won't have to worry about them getting into anything lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I like having a spare/backup phone. When the battery hits 40% shut down the phone. Pull out the battery, put it in a baggie, and put it in the refrigerator. Put the phone someplace safe. The battery will be kept in good condition for a long time, and ready when you need it.