Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
1. Hold finger over desired file
2. Copy
3. Paste into desired folder
4. Wait to paste into folder (Icon in taskbar)
5. Done

I think....never really tried it now that i think about it...

OP
f150steeler

f150steeler

Reaction score
well I tried it and when I held finger over desired file (a pic in my Gallery) it did not give me the option to Copy...hmmm

thank you though...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Folders are used to put apps in. The gallery will only show you photos that are saved on the camera, i don't think it's possible to place them on a folder in the screen area. Are you talking about folders in a file manager or the ones in the home screens?

ChrisK15

Reaction score
Just hold your finger down on the icon until it comes "unstuck" then drag it to the folder. If it's on a different page, move it to the edge and wait for it to scroll over.

BillyBob

Reaction score
NEW2U, I understand the concept of folders to store apps I'm trying to clean up my screens, but is there any way to change the folder icon without openhome or bettercut, or any other third party app. Thank you!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
NEW2U, I understand the concept of folders to store apps I'm trying to clean up my screens, but is there any way to change the folder icon without openhome or bettercut, or any other third party app. Thank you!

yes there is... download "Apps Organizer".... it will allow you to change icons for folders.... or use a different icon all together to access the contents inside. It's amazing! and overlooked at I have to say!

it improved speed on my Droid... instead of having a folder with say 10 apps inside (the OS recognizes this folder and it's 10 apps as 11 objects)...you create a shortcut (with customizable icon) which opens a window with your 10 apps inside (the OS recognizes this as 1 object and when clicked the app calls on the list of the other 10 apps)

Last edited: