Newbie "Hi"

knesja

Reaction score
Hi all. I am a newbie here. I listed that I have a Droid X only because that is one of the phones I am considering. I am going to migrate from a BB 8830, but I just haven't decided on WHICH droid yet. That is one of the reasons I am checking out the forums ... to see what people like and don't like about the various phones. User feedback is absolutely the best resource when looking to buy. Thanks in advance for all the info I'll be sucking up ... and maybe I'll eventually be able to contribute in some manner.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Welcome. I would wait for the incredible 2 or the bionic. That is if its still coming. If you can't wait the droid x is a good option. I guess the thunderbolt has battery issues.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
K

knesja

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've been reading about the battery life problems for the TB, although some have said that the problems decreased after a few days. Still, it's an issue to consider. I'm not going to be a "power user" sitting on my droid all day, but I don't want to have to worry about its battery all the time either.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! DX is a great device but u may wanna consider what comes out next month. I believe every phone will have some sort of issues but u can always change things to ur liking. Android system is way diff from BB as I also was a former Storm user but u will be happy in the long run. We also have a sister forum Android.net u can check out. Androidcentral.com is also a great site as well as Droid-Life. Good luck and happy hunting

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
To be honest, I would either wait or get a thunderbolt. Most of the other phones currently out are out-dated (anything that's been out 6 months is out-dated with how tech moves today) or there's some kind of major flaw in it. If your interested in modding your phone then I would suggest staying away from motorola phones and going with Samsung or HTC.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
K

knesja

Reaction score
Thanks all. I don't have to jump now, which is why i've been waiting to see what comes out in the next month or two. Seems like a lot of new phones will be released soon.

What are the primary specs, concerns, considerations you all think should be primary points to include in my reviews?