Newbie has a restocking question

Jinxbreaker

Reaction score
Hi, new to the droid phones and bought mine on 6/16(Incredible) and just received it today. After researching the difference between the X and the Inc I realized I wanted the X. I have not used or activated the new Inc and wonder if i can bring it back on Thur and exchange for the X. I shouldn't have to pay the restocking fee because it's within the 3 days. Am I correct?? Thanks and believe w/hdmi cable, sim card and being able to use it as wii for my laptop I making the right choice in switching. Yes, No?

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I wouldn't think you would if its only been three days.

An for the Droid x stuff from what I've read your HDMI thing only work for videos you taken I.e. you can't stream as video like youtube or w.e an as for the tethering well I think why pay a monthly fee when I can root my Droid an get it for free? But that's just me but what I hear your incredible can be rooted an be used as a wifi hotspots for free.

OP
J

Jinxbreaker

Reaction score
Thanks I think I will stick w/Inc w/free teething. Is it hard to root it. And I guess you can root the Inc just not the Droid x? Also thought I would be able to watch internet clips on my TV through the hdmi but guess not. again very new to this stuff. Thanks Again

Reaction score
Hi, new to the droid phones and bought mine on 6/16(Incredible) and just received it today. After researching the difference between the X and the Inc I realized I wanted the X. I have not used or activated the new Inc and wonder if i can bring it back on Thur and exchange for the X. I shouldn't have to pay the restocking fee because it's within the 3 days. Am I correct?? Thanks and believe w/hdmi cable, sim card and being able to use it as wii for my laptop I making the right choice in switching. Yes, No?

The Restocking fee is applied to any device owned/activated for more than 24 hours. Verizon wants to give the customers the opportunity to look at their devices (except for early-orders (sight-untouched) - like DROID Incredible) at the retail stores or online at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless before purchase.

HERE'S THE COOL PART: Remember... You are "the decider" of which device you want for this 2 year term. When you do (as you did), you are backed with a 30 day warranty where you can take away a different device and use it... for days, even weeks ...but if you don't like the device, you can still have the option of looking at another device type (if your device has no physical or water damage) ... and all of this is available to you for that $35 restocking fee you were crying about.

WAIT, THERE'S MORE: All of the new Verizon phones are backed with a 1 year warranty. This means if that smartphone COMPUTER, in your hand, has a software problem, stops working or whatever (if your device has no physical or water damage) cannot be fixed via tech support, Verizon will replace it and send you a replacement device (same type device you turned in) and FedEx it... FREE!

I'm sticking with Verizon!

OP
J

Jinxbreaker

Reaction score
Hey AK get off your HIGH HORSE!!....I first stated I was new to the droid phones unlike YOURSELF who is probably on these web sites daily and has NO life. I was not *****ing about restocking just asking a QUESTION. When I purchased the phone on 6/6, I was NOT INFORMED of the new phone that would come out 2 days after I finally get mine after waiting 5 weeks. I believe I should be able to replace it thats all. For the rest of you Thank you for your replys and taking the TIME to help me out.