Newb from Alaska

nornevrder

Reaction score
Well hello everyone I am a new Droid user as a matter a fact a new smart phone user. I am here to educate myself on the phone. I love the phone but I hate the fact it does not have Flash 10.1 and my carrier is not sure on when they are getting 2.2. Seeing I work up on a oil field at the tip top of Alaska there is some down time in the winter and watching videos is a good time killer. Hopefully by reading on this forum I will feel confident enough to root my phone w/ the 2.2

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!! Froyo is pretty great so it'll be worth the wait! What carrier are you on?

DroidForums junkie!

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
I am with ACS (Alaska Communication Service). I can't wait for froyo. I have some friends that have the HTC Desire and its a pretty cool phone. I am kinda in envy of it for the fact they have flash and a faster processor.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm...interesting. I wonder if it can be rooted?

DroidForums junkie!

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Former Alaskan of 36 years here. Welcome to Android. Just root that bad boy and be done with it. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
Former Alaskan of 36 years here. Welcome to Android. Just root that bad boy and be done with it. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yeah that is what I am going to do. I just want to do some more research so that way I know what I am getting into I am kinda computer savvy.