New Weather App/Widget

Felklaw

Reaction score
As I'm sure many of you know, finding the "right" weather app/widget is a royal PITA...
I've tried out Fancy Widgets (old version now pulled, so waiting for his new development to see if better), I had Beautiful Widgets but personally I just didn't like it. I know others swear by it, it was purely a personal choice for me.
I have tried WeatherBug and Weather Channel, but felt they were too "seperate" from the UI, I am trying for an integrated sort of UI on the phone, instead of just another iPhone UI clone.

Today I stumbled upon this new App/Widget, Animated Weather.
So far I love it. I'm running it for next few days to test out battery life and OS responsiveness, but so far it's sweet.

Check it out, there is a free and a Pro version, so try the free and see what you think.

Animated Weather for Android - Weather forecast application. The exquisitely realistic video effects of cloudiness, rain and snow provide the vivid sensation of current or future weather conditions for more than 50000 locations over the world.

Animated Weather Android - Best Weather Widget App for Android Phones

Video:
[video=youtube;KY9qkmzbBy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9qkmzbBy4[/video]

AppBrain - Free
Animated Weather Free - Android app on AppBrain

AppBrain - Pro
Animated Weather Pro - Android app on AppBrain

ScottPV

Reaction score
Checking it also.

Animated Weather for Android - Weather forecast application. The exquisitely realistic video effects of cloudiness, rain and snow provide the vivid sensation of current or future weather conditions for more than 50000 locations over the world.

Video:
[video=youtube;KY9qkmzbBy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9qkmzbBy4]YouTube - Animated Weather Forecast App For Android Free Realistic Weather Forecast on Your Android.avi[/video]

Scott

friedmal

Reaction score
So far kind of cool but needs 2 more features

1. ability to use GPS to track location
2. animated widget
2. animated wallpaper

Also, what is fps? (forgive my ignorance...)

Last edited:

friedmal

Reaction score
Animated Weather for Android - Weather forecast application.

The exquisitely realistic video effects of cloudiness, rain and snow provide the vivid sensation of current or future weather conditions for more than 50000 locations over the world.
Video:
[video=youtube;KY9qkmzbBy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9qkmzbBy4]YouTube - Animated Weather Forecast App For Android Free Realistic Weather Forecast on Your Android.avi[/video]

also seem to have lost the widget after I moved the app 2 sd :huh:

lowboy

Reaction score
fps=Feet per second
It okay, so far. Try it for free for a few days to see if I like it.

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
1. ability to use GPS to track location
2. animated widget
2. animated wallpaper

Also, what is fps? (forgive my ignorance...)

fps=Feet per second
It okay, so far. Try it for free for a few days to see if I like it.

I believe here FPS stands for frames per second. This measures the number of frames that the phone is rendering. The higher the number the better. On monitors it's called Hz.

lowboy

Reaction score
Yea that would be it. Brain fart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
F

Felklaw

Reaction score
Yep, the FPS is Frames Per Second.

I've put it through it's runners over the weekend.
Doesn't seem to have any dramatic impact on my battery life, obviously I had to add it to Task Killer's ignore list (forgot first day and wondered why wasn't updating...duh!)

And it seems to be pretty accurate with the updates. Had some showers over the weekend, and it was accurate when updated to reflect that.
Makes me happy.

My main reason for a decent weather app is I love to ride my motorcycle, and nothing sucks more than wrong weather forecasts and being caught out in a storm.

OP
F

Felklaw

Reaction score
Well, I wanted to go to their website today to show a friend, it appears to have been hacked ! wow, guess someone didn't like them.

Anyway, I upgraded to the pro version, and am pretty happy with it. Miserable outside today, and the app looks just as miserable too... haha

lowboy

Reaction score
I could not find anything different between pro and Free.
Did/Am I miss/ing something?

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
It appears that they are giving the pro version away if you post a review and link their site. I'm still evaluating, but so far it's a very nice program with great animations. It seems far more refined then weatherbug and weather channels apps. Only using 12MB of memory versus weatherbugs 30MB or so

"Post your small news, review or comment at the Android-related forum or other thematic website with link to our website:"

Animated Weather Android - Get PRO Version for Free

bhall238

Reaction score
I'm giving the free version a try today.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App