New User with HTC Incdredible 1 Glitch Issues!

jgod330

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping I can be directed to a solution about the numberous glitches on my Incredible (first version) that is putting a dark cloud over my Android experience. I bought this phone a few months ago via Amazon Mobile and Verizon has since discontinued prodction due to the release of the Incredible 2, so it's not like I can take it in to the store and get a new phone.

The first month or so held no problems on the phone. Now over time it feels like the operating system is slowly losing life. The screen often freezes, I find myself restarting my phone 3 times a day on average, sometimes having to take out the battery to do so. Lately its deciding to some of the time notify me that I have a new text message. It sends texts from days ago to my friends in multiples of three. All my contacts have been deleted on multiple occasions out of the blue.

I haven't done anything illegal with the phone or downloaded files to get a virus, so I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has encountered and/or fixed constant glitching of this nature. Running Android version 2.2. Only constant apps running are "advanced task killer free" and "juice defender." I don't have this phone doing much more than texting, angry birds, and occasionally checking email and Facebook. I'm fairly good with technology, which only adds to my frustration. Wondering if restoring the phone or possibly rooting would solve. If rooting is the answer, direction on how to root would be much appreciated.

Please help, thank you!

bamadroidinc

Reaction score
One thing that you might have a problem with is running ATK and juice defender. Both do no good on a stock android system. The android system has those thing built into the system already.

As for rooting, go to the incredible section and look at the hacks part. I am running CM7 with Chad's incredikernel. I love it so far. My system is snappy, very responsive, and a decent battery life. I am not running any ATKs or juice defender.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
J

jgod330

Reaction score
All my friends run both ATK and Juice defender, and none are experiencing the problems I am. I'm inclined to think that they are not the reason for these glitches. I'd like to avoid rooting if possible, havent tried it before.