New user question.....

masprague

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am a long time rom user, but SD6.0 is my first flash from Driod concepts.

I really enjoy the rom. I mainly used CM before, but I kept finding small issues with it (slowdown, heat, reboots). So I tried many of the other popular roms and found many of the same or even different issues.

So far I have had next to zero problems with SD6. The battery life has been great even though I am a heavy streaming user (Rhapsody and Stitcher). All in All I really love this rom.

Anyway, with my rambling history out of the way, one thing I loved about the CM mod was the Cytown Phone Mods. This is the one that vibrates when call answered, or hung up. It also allows you to silence ringer by flipping the phone over.

So, my question is, how can I get this phone mod on SD6? This would complete the perfect rom for me.

any help?

Thanks guys....amazing job

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Flipsilent - a free app in the market? I haven't tried it, let us know how it works for you

OP
M

masprague

Reaction score
Flipsilent - a free app in the market? I haven't tried it, let us know how it works for you

ahh, but I also need the vibrate on answer and hang up. its just something I have grown accustomed to.

OP
M

masprague

Reaction score
thanks for the link Woodyman.

I went there Downloaded the .apk and I went to follow the instructions for using Terminal to swap .apks.

Terminal told me that the system was not writable.

So i went to the first page of the SD6.0 thread and tried to run the script 'sysrw' then terminal said "permission denied"

any help

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com

I went there Downloaded the .apk and I went to follow the instructions for using Terminal to swap .apks.

So i went to the first page of the SD6.0 thread and tried to run the script 'sysrw' then terminal said "permission denied"

any help

You probably did this but in terminal u have to type su before u try to run the sysrw command..

If it's still not working then I'm not sure why because I know it worked when I uploaded the rom.. So do this instead if u can't get sysrw to work

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

hit enter after u type all that and as long as u don't get any errors then the system will be mounted as rw

OP
M

masprague

Reaction score

any help

You probably did this but in terminal u have to type su before u try to run the sysrw command..

If it's still not working then I'm not sure why because I know it worked when I uploaded the rom.. So do this instead if u can't get sysrw to work

hit enter after u type all that and as long as u don't get any errors then the system will be mounted as rw

Yeah, I typed 'su' before all that.

I tried what you suggested and it says rw not found

---

I got the rom from Koush's RM. I wiped data 3 times before installing, just so you know how I installed the rom.

OP
M

masprague

Reaction score
Ok...nevermind...tried it again and it just worked....

I must have typed something wrong. But I got the phone apk replaced and vibrate on answer is back!!

Thanks for all the help woodyman. SD6.0 is now perfect.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

any help

when i first installed SD 6 the /system/xbin/ did not have the correct permissions.

follow the instructions below to change them and all the scripts will work.

Code:
su 
chmod 755 /system/xbin/

you should now be able to use all the scripts... no reboot needed after this.