New User! Droid 2 Global Battery Problems! Please help!

billy4

Reaction score
Hello everyone i am a brand new user because i needed some help with my new Droid 2 Global. i have been experiencing dramatic problems with my droid 2 global battery life and cant figure out what my problem is. i have my brightness all the way down, gps, wifi, bluetooth all that good stuff is turned off. My sync for facebook is on "never", i do that manually to conserve battery. i have drained it completely one time since i got my phone a week ago. i use Juice Defender, but should i? and use task manager as my task killer. i have to charge my phone like 2 times a day. i get like 4 hours of battery life on it with just texting nonstop and browsing for a few minutes here and there. i dont know what my problem is and is very frustrating to me! if someone could please help me that would be great!!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. 4 hours is not a good thing. ur not running any ATK. how is ur JD set up? when u r web browsing r u ending ur app?
when I first got mine I realized I needed to drain battery till near 10% then fully charge. didn't run n e task killers but I did clear/wipe cache (not that it improves batter, but performance). juice defended helped by customizing my needs of when to end my apps, etc. look at ur battery settings, what is using the most battery life and at what percentage?

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
I am not using a task killer. And well I didn't tweak any of the JD settings..I just downloaded it and put it to use..any tips for that?? And when browsing I just close it generally until my next use. Or I go onto facebook. My battery is at 60% right now, and my display is at 27%, and android system at 18%, usually my android system is the highest but can never figure out what's causing that to be so high.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I am not using a task killer. And well I didn't tweak any of the JD settings..I just downloaded it and put it to use..any tips for that?? And when browsing I just close it generally until my next use. Or I go onto facebook. My battery is at 60% right now, and my display is at 27%, and android system at 18%, usually my android system is the highest but can never figure out what's causing that to be so high.

definitely ur probably not ending ur apps correctly so it maybe still running. as for JD u can set it as Advance which u can choose ur white list meaning ur apps turn on when u wake ur phone. like gmail, u can set it so it will only sync when u power phone on. u can also use aggressive which is just slight difference in normal mode. r u rooted? Droid overclock in the market def is a plus to underclocking with ultra low voltage to save great battery life. it also has a tendency to increase speed in ur processor.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
So you would suggest manually force stopping all my apps? Since I shouldn't have a task killer? And as for juice defender I have the free verison so I can't use advanced I don't think. And no I am not rooted, as far as I know. I haven't done anything to change it to not be rooted or rooted. I wouldn't know how to do that, as some people say its alot better. Im just sick and tired of charging my phone 2-3 times a day!

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
I figured out my problem!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Omg sorry only now I got a notification for this thread. So u got things working? That's great.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Yes my network mode was on "Global" instead of "CDMA", the activation must have not put it on the correct one and was sucking my battery using that network! Thanks for your help though, apreciate it!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ahh ok but im surprised that its draining that much. at activation its left at Global. even at hard factory reset, it'll go back to Global. but yup, CDMA is what I use.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
I know, well its been alot better just one more quick question. What's the main thing in the Android System that is using up my battery...always seems to be the highest one along with display..??

Last edited:
OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
That is if you know the answer or could help!

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You need to look in the droid 2 global section. There is a whole write up on it!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
we'll of course Display is the biggest user. however internally there are apps within these phones that has to continuously run in the background. there really isn't a single thing that uses the most of ur battery. the most u really can do is adjust ur settings. there's an app u may wanna use. DroidOverclock or SetCPU that will help out.
using these apps can help to underclock using ultra low voltage to help tremendously with ur battery. now there are so many threads about battery and YES I do know Android. I can't respond right away as I am on a 3rd business trip this year. here is a link to help u understand what overclock/underclock does

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

Last edited:
OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
My phone is not rooted...will the clock still work?