New user, couple of questions. Any help/input appreciated

fluidj

Reaction score
So I've been an WinMo user for over 6 years. My past few devices were HTC's running the Sense interface. I'd become accustomed to a few of the niceties of the Sense UI, and I would like to know if any of them are available for the Fascinate. Mainly i'm trying to figure out the best way to achieve the following:

1. Flip Clock widget with animated weather like the HTC sense interface. Also be nice if the weather were auto updated based on your location.

2. Proximity sensor integration that automatically switches the phone to speaker when turned face down. Also that automatically turns the screen off when placed in pocket or turned face down.

3. A widget that shows a preview of my email messages.

4. How do you make the backlight stay lit when plugged into a power source?

So far i'm loving this phone, just need to get a few of the interface quirks ironed out to optimize my user experience.

droidman101

Reaction score
1. Flip Clock widget with animated weather like the HTC sense interface. Also be nice if the weather were auto updated based on your location.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~fancy widget: http://db.tt/twHhpLa

2. Proximity sensor integration that automatically switches the phone to speaker when turned face down. Also that automatically turns the screen off when placed in pocket or turned face down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~haven't found an app that does this yet, but if you search the market for flip phone there's tons of apps that might have the option

3. A widget that shows a preview of my email messages.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~haven't found a free one, but there's email widget in market

4. How do you make the backlight stay lit when plugged into a power source?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~menu>settings>applications>development>never sleep while charging(I have absolutely no clue why they put it there either)

My answers are after the ~

sent from my shadowROM droid :)