New user, Bionic loses 3/4G

Tuned200

Reaction score
New here so please be easy. I have noticed several issues and I think it maybe user error. When I am at home on wifi my phone works great. When I get out of wifi range I have no 3/4G connection for a few minutes. I have also noticed I lose my internet connection while at work and not using wifi.

Is this normal?

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Are you on the updates firmware? Go to setting>about phone> then look at your system version. The newest non-rooted version should be 5.5.893. If thats not what you have then click on System updates and update it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's sorta normal, unfortunately. Verizon is still having teething problems with 4G and this has caused data drops to the Bionic as well as other Verizon 4G phones. This is partly to do with Verizon lack authorizing the phone when it asks for data. Another contributor is location, and also the phone's ability to request a connection quickly after the data drops.

There's not much you can do at the momemt. You can request a replacement, but there's no guarantee the new phone will be better. One thing to try to speed up getting a connection is to press the Power button, go into Airplane Mode for a couple of seconds, and then go out of Airplane Mode. There is also a free app called Restart Connection that'll do the same thing, but quicker.

Back in December, a couple dozen people got an update called 5.9.901 and captured it. It has helped some people, but there is no guarantee it'll work for you. If you search this site, you can see threads on where to get .901 and how to manually install it, if you're so inclined.

rdgxray

Reaction score
I installed 9.01 update and haven't had a data drop in weeks...worth it for me....

OP
T

Tuned200

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I shall search tomorrow for that. Im pretty annoyed with my signal issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Id return it. There's so many better phones out of the box available. Bionic is a dope phone but if u just bought a new phone and have to root it to get data to work, why keep it?

Sent from my ICED Bionic

OP
T

Tuned200

Reaction score
I dont like any of the other phones currently out so I will keep it. Time to do some searching.

lilnbrown88

Reaction score
Yeah I'd request a new one..I haven't had a issue with mine besides the camera not working. The 4g in my area is awesome.

OP
T

Tuned200

Reaction score
Update.

I was lazy and never called but I did get the update and the phone has been smooth since.