New update probs

estimatedprophet

Reaction score
Since the 2.3.4 update here's my fantastic list of not-so-awesomeness::::

1. Cannot long press an image from browser and successfully download. I'm able to click "Save Image" and the scrolling arrow will start at message bar but then it stops, Orange triangle appears. When clicking orange triangle, the "Downloads" folder appears and the image i'm trying to download is shown in the file list with a box to the left allowing to check the box and then choose one of the two options that appears "Cancel" (left button) or "Clear Selection" (right button). Also appearing is a box "File not yet available. This file is queued for future download. Keep or Remove."
----This happens on any and all images
2. Same thing as above happens when attempting to download a Marketplace app. Within Marketplace, the blue downloading bar pops up but never fills up. Orange triangle appears. read above
3. When opening Browser, the program suffers from seizure like activity. The address window flashes about 100x every 30 seconds never fully opening (loading). Google's main page is set as Homepage. If I tap the address window at the right moment it will work like normal and allow me to use it as a search window. If I access settings and make any page my new homepage, it seems to have a somewhat positive effect. And by positive, I mean the browser opens w/o seizure roller coaster activity, however the page doesn't load and instead says, "Web Page not available". If i manually type in the page address it then loads fine.
4. The wi-fi does not work. NO matter whether its a public connection or the personal one in my home, it will not connect. I can turn wi-fi on and it will search for open and secure connections and eventually find them (rather sluggish) but when choosing a network and entering the correct password, it stays at the "Authenticating" stage for minutes and minutes until it eventually times out. I can select the same network and have the same failed process once again. Public networks won't connect. Private networks where I have a password stored, such as my own personal wireless at my home, are a fail as well, staying in the "obtaining IP address from....." status for at least 5 minutes before I finally turn wi-fi off.

The phone is not rooted, no special rom. nothing is checked to auto-end on the Task Killer and its all taken place since the update from last week. Yes there were multiple probs before the update, i mean it's a dx2...., but these are all big issues to me.

PLEASE HELP

srvctec

Reaction score
Sounds like you may need to do a factory reset.

Have you tried a battery pull? Pull the battery with the power on an wait a minute or so before reinstalling it. If that doesn't fix it, I'd factory reset.

Sent from my stock DROID X2

OP
E

estimatedprophet

Reaction score
Yeah man, sorry for leaving that info out. I've done numerous battery pulls, as I was having a problem with the space bar, comma, and period keys would stick (hyper exposed), not allowing me to proceed any further within a text or email. Every time I would have to battery reset in order to get phone back to somewhat operable status. Verizon tells me the reasoning is due to Apps being downloaded on phone, which is crazy because 1. That's what the phone is built for, and 2. I have no oddball apps, only approved mainstream apps.

However, I found the problem...errr solution: Data Saver was clicked on, nit allowing me to download anything.

BUT.......I still can't connect to wifi

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

srvctec

Reaction score
Try this to fix keyboard issue (well documented in the forums) menu/manage apps/multi-touch keyboard and clear cache/data.

As far the wifi not working, try turning on airplane mode and then turning it off. When you say wifi won't connect, do you at least get the wifi symbol and it shows that wifi is actually on? Because of neitjer of those are happening, the wifi radio itself may be the issue. If these ideas don't work you still would need to try a factory reset since that's going to be what VZ will have you try before sending in the phone for replacement.

Sent from my stock DROID X2

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I have literally none of this issues. Like everyone else has said, try a factory reset, if that does not work than try to SBF the update onto your phone.

If that fails, well, good thing we all have a year warranty on our phones! :p Go to verizon and exchange it out for a new one.