New Update For 2014 Moto X?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am travelling on a business trip right now and my wife's phone prompted her to install a new software update today. I'm sure it's a valid update, just wasn't expecting anything new for that phone right now....no rumors lately. It is already on Lollipop 5.1, so I am not sure what this update is. I can't find any info on-line for a new update to the 2014 Moto X. Anyone else receive an update prompt recently? Any idea what this update is?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You're still on Verizon right? If so, it's probably just a maintenance update.

Yes, still on big red. That's kind of what I figured. Just can't find anything about it online. Normally there is some info somewhere, especially here on DF. :) I told her to delay & wait for now. If something goes wrong and a FDR is needed, would rather wait until I am home to help. As most of us know, even the smallest maintenance update can sometimes cause issues that require a FDR. I was just curious to know that this update brings. It may be 5.1.1, a stagefright fix, or some other random update. Or.....her phone was accidentally tagged as a tester in some Moto test, it happens sometimes.