New update fails

jimecv

Reaction score
I got the new ota update(jan 2015). It downloaded but stopped after 3% with error.
I am rooted with only stock. No special roms, nothing. No recovery, and no system apps deleted.
I downloaded everything I need to flash stock firmware and tried it. While running flash, it stops and says usb isn't connected, to pull it out and reconnect. I did this over and over. I need some major help! Someone please help!

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Welcome to Droid Forums. I am not familiar with the G2....I'm sorry. Hopefully someone will come along and chime in.

sent from my sexy Note 4

OP
jimecv

jimecv

Reaction score
Update: I decided to try and do the update using the LG update tool on pc. It worked just fine.

SylenThunder

Reaction score
I found that mine wouldn't update because the phone was rooted. Updated using the PC tool and not only did it update the phone, but it also removed root.

I'm happy because I wanted to un-root the phone without having to wipe it, but it was still pretty annoying.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I found that mine wouldn't update because the phone was rooted. Updated using the PC tool and not only did it update the phone, but it also removed root.

I'm happy because I wanted to un-root the phone without having to wipe it, but it was still pretty annoying.
Hence the reason I have Update turned off and do not take updates. I'd rather keep root and run on an older more stable platform.

SylenThunder

Reaction score
Added partial features for a new video phone service they are offering, and the new VM system for playing them back on the phone. Seems like there were a few other fixes in it, but not a huge amount of things. Mostly with connectivity on older data networks if I recall.