New to the forum

Met-Droid

Reaction score
What's up Droid people! I've had my Droid since early Dec and I haven't rooted the phone as I am not well enough informed to do so. I just want a reliable version of the N1 launcher and to figure out how to show my tab when it disappears in dolphin browser. BTW my settings say it wont auto hide but sometimes it does anyway...can't figure out if I'm doing it accidentally or not. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, but I decided not to root just yet and wait for the ota update. Otherwise, I love this phone!!!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What's up Droid people! I've had my Droid since early Dec and I haven't rooted the phone as I am not well enough informed to do so. I just want a reliable version of the N1 launcher and to figure out how to show my tab when it disappears in dolphin browser. BTW my settings say it wont auto hide but sometimes it does anyway...can't figure out if I'm doing it accidentally or not. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, but I decided not to root just yet and wait for the ota update. Otherwise, I love this phone!!!

Welcome, Met-Droid! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

samiusmc

Reaction score

Welcome! The only way to get the N1 launcher is to root. Even then the launcher is unstable. Most custom ROMS retain the original launcher and there is no guarantee that the launcher you're looking for will be included in the upcoming 2.1 OTA update. Having said that, I was hesitant to root but I'm glad I did it. It's really not that difficult. Do some research first. Lots of info on this site to guide you through it.

OP
Met-Droid

Met-Droid

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have Launcher++ running with 5 screens which is cool, the live wallpapers don't do anything for me so I don't care about getting those in the update but from what everyone says the phone runs so much smoother.