new guy ,

larryufo

Reaction score
hi everyone love the site,finally registered,been using site for a while .i learned alot from all the members .anyways i have original droid,was rooted until i got an update yesterday,now i am not rooted anymore.cant figure out what happened,any help with this problem would be great.

D

dankarlinski

welcome to the site.

as for your root issue, once an offical update is installed, you will lose your root. to get it back, install the Z4Root program. this may or may not still be on hte market. if you cannot find it, PM me your email addy and ill shoot you the apk. run the program and you will have root back

OP
L

larryufo

Reaction score
thanks for the info,i was using dm updater and now it wont root me again i reboot and do everything it says to do and nothing should i remove everything first and them use your link?

OP
L

larryufo

Reaction score
thank you guys for helping,i loved my phoned rooted was getting use to it and try to find a nice custom rom(so many to choose from) and this happened.is there a way to avoid the updates?

D

dankarlinski

Custom roms usually remove the update feature. Once your custom rom is installed, you should be fine

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
L

larryufo

Reaction score
u guys are great,thanks for the info, i will try it later when i get out of work. thanks