New to the forum and need help.

mp030103

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Melissa

I have a huge problem with my Motorola droid razor m phone. Yesterday I dropped it in the toilet. Yes I know that's my first problem. Anyway I searched on the web with what to do and I did all that I could. but of course I can't remove the battery here. I wiped it down good. took out sim card. and placed it in raw rice in a bag for 24hrs. I took it out cleaned it off made sure no rice was in any openings. I tried to turn it on but I assumed it was dead so I pluggled it in. a green light comes on in the top corner but after a few seconds it goes off. I have tried to do the soft boot(I think that is what it is called) by holding down the power and volumn down button at the same time. but nothing happens. I got this phone on april 22, yes I have the insurance, but I paid 97 cents for my phone and will have to pay $100 for a replacement phone. I really want this phone to work again, especially for all my apps and calendar apps and my pictures on it. Please anyone can you help me out. After it went for a swim it seemed to be ok then of course went black. a green dead robot appeared laying on his back with his chest open and a red triangle with an exclamation point it came up, then it started to do a reboot, but got stuck in the reboot loop. was on the phone with Verizon tech support and after I told her what it was doing she said laying on paper towels for a few hours and gave me the saurian insurance info. if it didn't come back on. I pray that someone on here can help me save this phone.

R.S.
Melissa

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forum Melissa. It doesn't sound good for your phone. Some have had success with wet phones by using a wetvac to pull out any water. Some have gone as far as putting their phone in an oven. But these things need to be done right away. But usually most succumb to the moisture :(

Tapped from a Nexus

OP
M

mp030103

Reaction score
well thank you for replying. I have it back in rice and i'm not touching it again until tomarrow. if I still get no response I guess i'll take it to the local Verizon store and let them tell me its fried before I pay a 100 bucks for a 97 cent phone.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard Melissa and good luck on your phone, keep us posted!

OP
M

mp030103

Reaction score
well took it to the local Verizon store to see if they could test it or something. They said they have no way to do that. But they said the fact that it went into water it was more than likely dead. Did the hold volumn key and power button nothing. hold power button nothing. When I plug it in the green light comes on for a few seconds then goes away, she said that was the charging light. Anyway looks like I have to pay $100 for a phone I paid 97 cents for. Thanks for trying to help.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your phone. DancingNexus