new to the droid

marcilisa

Reaction score
I just got the droid today and I'm confused. If this is a 4g phone how com 3g is highlighted? Also how do I get the music app on my phone onto ringtones? Motocast lets you put the music from your computer onto your phone but you can't use this music as ringtones? I wanna go to play the music on my phone it's saying im offline! Im confused! Help!

Welcome to DroidForums! If you dont have 4g in your area, the phone will automatically switch to 3g. If your worried that ur phones 4g is off, go to settings, wireless & network settings, mobile networks, network mode, and make sure cdma/lte is selected. You can select a song by going into the "My Music" and when u find a song or whatever you wish to set as your ringtone, long hold the song title and scroll down to "set as ringtone" I doubt you can set a ringtone over motocast though. And this is just a guess, but try to connect to your network using wifi and see if it says your computer is online. Hope this helps!

Welcome. You must live in a 4g area. Not all cities have 4g yet.

Motocast doesn't actually put your music on your phone. It enables you to stream music from your PC if it is online.
If you want to use a song as a ringtone, I think you have to transfer it to your phones sd card.
Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Last edited:
Back