New to the Droid

jawgapeach

Reaction score
Can you delete build in apps like Skype? How do you keep all the apps from running in the background? Are there ways to keep the battery from dying?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Pineapple95

Reaction score
Good questions. I can't believe no one has asked them before! Oh wait, they have. Hundreds of times. Search.

OP
jawgapeach

jawgapeach

Reaction score
If I knew how to do everything on this phone I wouldn't have asked.

CursedArmand

Reaction score
Good questions. I can't believe no one has asked them before! Oh wait, they have. Hundreds of times. Search.

lol BURN! No, seriously, the bloatware will be there unless you root your phone and remove them yourself. Their running in the background won't necessarily drain your battery, but your applications updating themselves with notifications will. If you have Twitter, don't let it check for new tweets every 5min...same for Facebook, email, weather, stocks, etc. If you don't use those apps often, lower the refresh time, or make them manual. Also if you don't use the Stock app or others like it, disable syncing for them.

And buy a mini-sized USB car charger, preferably one with 2 ports. Sprint sells them for about $20, but you can ebay one from Hong Kong for about $5. DO IT NOW!

OP
jawgapeach

jawgapeach

Reaction score
Do you know how to root a phone?

DInc_Mo

Reaction score
Please do a search for the info you are asking for. You will find exactly what you need.

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you delete build in apps like Skype? How do you keep all the apps from running in the background? Are there ways to keep the battery from dying?

Yes, titanium backup.
They're supposed to be running so don't worry about it.
Other than charging it?