New to the Droid RAZR!

Normster

Reaction score
Hello, I just recently picked up android again after a year with the Iphone 4. I saw this phone in the store and fell in love with it but, I am having minor issues with using it. I have been looking up how to extend the battery life on the phone and I have found many valuable posts, I have the smart actions down. But I have been reading a lot about a native task manager and how to auto-end tasks but I can not find that on my phone anywhere. I am lost on this new phone and I would appreciate any helpful tips and any input on how you save your battery life in your Droid RAZR.
Thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
First off welcome to the forum and back to Android.

Is your Razr on ICS? If so they removed the native task manager with the ICS update, probably why you can't find it. If you are still on the Gingerbread OS then it should be in your APP drawer, it could have accidently gotten hidden if you hit them menu button you should be able to show hidden APPS.

OP
N

Normster

Reaction score
First off welcome to the forum and back to Android.

Is your Razr on ICS? If so they removed the native task manager with the ICS update, probably why you can't find it. If you are still on the Gingerbread OS then it should be in your APP drawer, it could have accidently gotten hidden if you hit them menu button you should be able to show hidden APPS.
Thank you! To answer your question yes I am on ICS, everything seems to be changed a bit when I try to watch YouTube videos and then follow them on my phone. I have another question about network modes, I see some guides saying to switch to 3g unless downloading and thats CDMA only on their options but mine show: Global, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UMTS and I have no clue which of those to put it on.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah again they took that out in ICS. There is an APP you can download that will get you into your phone settings and you can switch it manually.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff

From there if you change it to CDMA auto (prl) you will be in 3G only. Thought if you reboot your phone that will reset and you have to do it again.

Trash Can

Reaction score
I have another question about network modes, I see some guides saying to switch to 3g unless downloading and thats CDMA only on their options but mine show: Global, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UMTS and I have no clue which of those to put it on.

Most people recommend that you put it in LTE/CDMA. I used to leave it in CDMA only on GB to save battery, but have not noticed any appreciable battery performance degradation since I've been on ICS. Some still will put it in 3G only -- the easiest way is with an app for the Thunderbolt called LTEonOFF. Select "CDMA auto (PRL)" within the app.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forums :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!