New to the droid, forum, and world of hacks and rooting

Cierrahauff

Reaction score
My name is Cierra and i recently aquired a droid x2. I am a complete amature when it comes to technology. I dont know where to start in order to make the droid x2 more enjoyable. If anyone could share ideas on apps, instructions on how to begin rooting my phone, or any good software i should have it would be greatly appreciated. Like i said i am an amature but i am very excited to learn from the forums and the members. Thanks in advance to all who reply.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DroidForums!!

Rooting the Droid X2 is actually pretty easy to do but I normally recommend people do some research first and know what it is and how to do it. The best thing to do is head over to the Droid X2 Hacks section and do some reading and make sure to ask questions over there as well!

Make sure you let us know when you need something!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DF, glad to have you on board with us :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!!

I recommendation is to read, read and then read some more. Make sure you totally understand all the steps and ramifications of modifying your phone. There are way too many threads about people rooting their phones and deleting the "most hated of all" - Bloatware and then finding out their phone will no longer operate. You need to make sure of what you are doing before you actually do it!! And I'll give you my "most excellent advice" - do not delete anything. If you decide to get rid of bloatware you can use a number of apps to freeze the apps or you can simply rename the app from xxxx.apk to xxxx.apk.bak. That way you either unfreeze or rename and you're good.

So, welcome aboard and take it easy!! :biggrin: