New to smartphones

itzpossible

Reaction score
I finally gave in and bought a Motorola Droid for my adult daughter for Christmas and an HTC Rezound for myself just this week. (Finally activated it yesterday) I found this forum while looking for battery life answers for my phone. First night I have had it on and it didn't even last 12 hours. Arrrgh. I am sure I did something during the setup...just don't have much spare time to research the problem. I work 12 hour shifts and am on call a lot. I am hoping to get this resolved before going back to work. Can't have the thing dying on me. Seems like this might just be the place...got to looking... then...squirrel! Oh my! there were wallpapers to look at. Te he hhhmmmm What in the world is a trackback?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Smartphone batteries tend to have short times on each charge but we have a great battery section to check out for tips and tricks. Best of luck getting the most out of yours!! :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Did you purchase the extended battery for the Rezound?

OP
I

itzpossible

Reaction score
I ordered a second battery, but not an extended one, and a portable power pack. I had bought an otterbox case for it and don't think it will fit if I get the thicker battery. They LOOK thicker anyway. Phone is big enough already. I followed the suggestions in the battery section...seems to be a bit better. {Love this forum!} Just need to go back and check on how to switch from 4G to 3G, which I seem to remember was there somewhere. I also ordered a car charger and another regular charger so I can have one in two rooms making charging more convenient. Going to miss only charging my phone every 4 or 5 days though.

rudimetar

Reaction score
I also got an HTC and I noticed a significant battery life improvement when I tunning screen brightness, timeout, Wi-Fi, and Auto-Sync . Try finding stuff you don't use and turn those off.
I think all HTC's have this so try looking at Settings, tap Power > Battery use.