New to Membership, not so new to Droid Forums

jl_stoddart

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I am new to membership here at Droid Forums, but not new to Droid Forums itself. I've been a forum prowler for a while, but since I'm switching to the Droid Razr, I figure I might as well sign up.

I'm not entirely sure if anyone even reads these new member posts, but what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

I just switched from the Droid 2 running Liberty GBv0.9, and I'm looking for a ROM for the Razr that is similar, but most importantly improves battery life (obviously). Also, I'm wondering if the rooting method will be the same. When I rooted my Droid 2, I used the DOROOT method, and I also had the rsd lite program with the drivers all set up as a backup. I was wondering if anyone could help me re-obtain all of those files again, but for the Razr.

What would a good recommendation be for a ROM for the Razr? Also, does anyone have access to a list of apps that are safe to be frozen right out of the gate?

Thanks fellow Droid lovers,

Best Regards,

jl_stoddart

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums :) I don't use roms, but I'm sure someone will have a suggestion for you :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to the Forums jl-stoddart! And welcome to the world of Razr! To get you started, here a few threads on rooting the Razr. As you already know from rooting experience, it is best to read, read, read before you root! Also look through the Droid Razr Hacks section for some roms for the Razr. Any questions along the way, feel free to ask. We have a great community of wonderful people!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If u go to razr section u can downloads matts utility. Its a sticky in hacks section that should have all files needed. And there some other helpful post there on root and roms. And welcome to the forums.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey everyone, so I am new to membership here at Droid Forums, but not new to Droid Forums itself. I've been a forum prowler for a while, but since I'm switching to the Droid Razr, I figure I might as well sign up.

I'm not entirely sure if anyone even reads these new member posts, but what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

I just switched from the Droid 2 running Liberty GBv0.9, and I'm looking for a ROM for the Razr that is similar, but most importantly improves battery life (obviously). Also, I'm wondering if the rooting method will be the same. When I rooted my Droid 2, I used the DOROOT method, and I also had the rsd lite program with the drivers all set up as a backup. I was wondering if anyone could help me re-obtain all of those files again, but for the Razr.

What would a good recommendation be for a ROM for the Razr? Also, does anyone have access to a list of apps that are safe to be frozen right out of the gate?

Thanks fellow Droid lovers,

Best Regards,

jl_stoddart

Hi jl_stoddart, and...yes, we do read these introductory threads! LOL!

I also own a D2 and was running Liberty on it. Nice ROM. I have since upgraded to the RAZR MAXX, and from what I have experienced, I've felt no need to ROM it. I am now on the .215 leak of Ice Cream Sandwich, and it's both fast and powerful. It provides fantastic connectivity (for me), and the battery life is what you would expect from a 3,300mAh battery - huge!

My wife has the RAZR (I also started with the RAZR but used it too heavily so I needed the MAXX). It lasts the full day and night for her with one charge as well.

Rooting is done by most with http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html, but can also be done with http://static.droidnetwork.net/wicked/files/DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip if on Gingerbread, and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1710871 if you are on ICS. RSDLite still works with the RAZR and there is a Fastboot file that will restore any RAZR back to Stock .211 ICS. Unfortunately once you've upgraded to ICS, there is no known way to go back to Gingerbread on this phone.

Since ICS has a built-in ability to "Disable" system and factory installed apps, there is also really no reason to "freeze" apps anymore IMHO.

Welcome and good luck. I'll be here once you make the transition, as will 94lt1 and a number of other very experienced RAZR experts to assist you. :biggrin:

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wow, ninja'd again... :rofl2:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum! We are happy to have ya with us!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :biggrin: