new to eris and frustrated with apps, moving ringtones,wallpapers etc

karenemily

Reaction score
Hi all. I just got my phone and for the most part love it. I am moving from a blackberry curve (older model) where my dh knew everything possible about the phone. I feel lost and could use some help.

My biggest issue is getting my ringtones set up. With the curve I had downloaded some tones from a 3rd party site. When I went back to that site they state that the ringtone should work with all phones. I can't figure out how to get to the ringtone once I connect the phone to the pc. I've done the mount thing and I can see my phone as a jump drive. Now what? do I create folders? where do I put these folders- there are some already there and the curve came with a music folder that I don't see on this one?

Apps are like shoes... I know that they are a personally preference. I am wanting to get back my K love radio station app, which I can't find in the market...and I'm just not sure what else I want/ need. I do know that the verison person put a task killer on the phone- explaining that it will help me keep the battery life up. So I'm not sure what apps, other than klove, I need. Oh I already have pandora... love it! had it on the curve.

Making this phone my own is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm just not sure how to set things up.. any suggestions?

And my last question, is there a way to view the "market" online and then download apps to the phone?

If you read this far- thank you. Like I said, my husband is wonderful with the curve. He could/can do anything with it... but he doesn't know bubbles about this phone.

RootedEris

Reaction score
1) dowload your music from lime wire or where ever off of your computer to your phone sdcard...dowload RingDroid from the market ( lets you cut your own ring tone from music on your phone)

2) id jus stick to pandora

3) No

hope that helps

and remember it takes some time getting used to customizing ur new phone play with it and a wise man once told me the best way to learn is by messing up

and as far as task killer goes jus open task killer and press whatever app you want killed

eriscrazy

Reaction score
me personally i dont use task killers any more and i love not useing it. i end up micromanaging my apps and it get annoying. but once you get used to the Eris you will want to step into the wonderful world of rooting! lol i did and im not looking back.but i did have my phone almost 8 months before i desided to root so i knew my phone inside and out!