New to Droid

ejcrossl

Reaction score
I just got a Droid X coming from a Storm. I just got 2.2 today. I am having problems w/ the voice search. When I try to do a voice command for text or email, it won't enter the person's name. Is everyone else having this problem. Any suggestions? Also, I can't seem to get to get videos on ESPN to play. I thought videos were supposed to play w/ Flash 10.1.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. I have a rooted Droid so my experience may be different from yours. I've not had any issues with my voice commands. On my phone, I had to download Flash from the Market. I do not know if it was preinstalled on your X. Check the installed apps and verify.

Mike

OP
ejcrossl

ejcrossl

Reaction score
Yeah I alrealdy downloaded flash from the market. Also have another question, on my wifes fascinate when your screen Iis locked you have to move a puzzle piece to answer the call. On the X you just have to push a button. Is there anyway to product the screen on a call?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I alrealdy downloaded flash from the market. Also have another question, on my wifes fascinate when your screen Iis locked you have to move a puzzle piece to answer the call. On the X you just have to push a button. Is there anyway to product the screen on a call?

Sorry, I do not know what "product" the screen means.

OP
ejcrossl

ejcrossl

Reaction score
Haha, sorry about that. Learning the swype keyboard. It is supposed to be protect, or block the call from being accidentally answered.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got it! I'm not sure. I have a Droid and to unlock, I move an icon from left to right by swiping my finger from left to right.

Does the X allow you to set a password?

OP
ejcrossl

ejcrossl

Reaction score
It lets me swipe to unlock,except when a call is incoming. Then it goes straight to the screen to accept the call

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah, that is different from my Droid. I need to swipe to answer a call.

If you can't find anything in the X FAQ section I suggest that you start a thread in the general discussion section for the X.

Mike

OP
ejcrossl

ejcrossl

Reaction score
Thx mike. Anything out there on the google voice search being glitchy? I can't seem to get the name to populate when saying send text to or send message to.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not recall reading anything but if I do I will pass to you.