New To Droid!?

Bealsey1

Reaction score
How's it going everyone? I just picked up a new Motorola Droid today so I have been messring around with it trying to get the hang of it and I have a couple of questions. I have seen people who when you go to the apps screen on your phone the background is black and it looks pretty neat, how do you do that? Another thing is that I have seen a lot of people with the weather and a large clock at the top of the droid main screen. How do you get that? The video I found on youtube below is what I am talking about for the black background behind the apps (takes place at 1:00 in video) and then the large weather and clock screen on the front. Thanks a lot guys and any suggestions would be helpful!

[video=youtube;W7D16hiMqXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7D16hiMqXA"]YouTube - How To Install a Custom Kernel and Overclock Motorola Droid[/video]

Last edited:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets, from the market, will get you your clock/weather widget, with all sorts of skins to choose from. it's not a free app (and there may be a free one out there somewhere), but it's only a couple bucks.

as for the background in the app drawer, that may be in settings. or, you may only be able to get it by rooting/hacking your phone and installing a custom rom ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html).

btw, you're gonna LOVE this phone!!!

Domestic violence

Reaction score
In addition to beautiful widgets, check out launcher pro.

However, while I love my droid, I have to ask- why wouldn't you have bought an incredible or x?

turdbogls

Reaction score
beautif widgets and LP are both great..LP will even give you the 3D froyo app drawer which is cool.

and if the OP is anything like me...both the X and INC are backordered, they were double the price (Best buy has the droid 1 for $100) they lacked a physical keyboard, the X is still too big for me, and the inc just felt cheap IMO.

i just got my Droid last week and i have no phone envy at all....makes it even better that we are getting Froyo this week while the other phones have to wait still.

oh and OP, you can get a lot of digital clocks like that from the marketplace...but i think BW is the only one that has the weather....been seeing a lot of complaints lately tho about it not working correctly.

P.S. first post :) you will be seeing me alot from now on.

dressagerider

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for only a few weeks and really like it! I had the Eris and had continuous problems so verizon allowed me to switch it for the moto droid. I could have pushed and paid extra for the x but I really liked the droid better - especially the slide out keyboard which I have never had before. I have had HTC Eris, Imagio, Touch Pro, Blackberry Storm and Curve, Palm Pre and other smartphones and this is by far the best phone I have ever had. Hope you enjoy yours as much!