new to droid

OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
Dude from another post just gave me a link. Sorry i was hedging my bets. I want to find an sbf for linux before I root. I'm going to assume that an sbf for an r2 d2 droid for linux is going to be non existent.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello again, you may be able to make a backup file through Droid Bootstrapper. Am i right DD? I got a clockworkmod file of my stock rom and i can flash through booting into recovery/bootstrap. I backed up the stock rom and i update my backup of liberty once a week just to keep the info updated (every time i update the liberty backup i delete the old one bc they take up so much room)

OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
Yeah it worked. Well I haven't rooted the phone yet cuz I want a safety net.

Bootstrap is a superuser app right? So I keep a backup of the original ROM on the sd card. I was kinda hoping to have the backup on my PC. Well I guess beggars can't be choosers. Just don't want to fubar my phon.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
yea bootstrap is superuser but try searching droid 2 sbf under the search tab at the top of the page. Also type it in the google search box. i came up with a couple threads that looked good

OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
Well man I think i'll take the advice and just save it in bootstrap. Unless one of you guys advises against that. It sounds like i'm going down a well worn path here.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yessir!
I know it is confusing but, "Bootstrapper" I just the application used to flash Clockworkmod Recovery and to reboot you into it.
I'm not entirely sure the D2 sbf will work for an R2-D2 though. I know the D2 and D2G sbfs are not the same file. I'd do some searching just to make sure.
OP, just rooting your phone won't brick it (Z4root has never messed a phone up), its what is done afterwards that can brick them.

Hello again, you may be able to make a backup file through Droid Bootstrapper. Am i right DD? I got a clockworkmod file of my stock rom and i can flash through booting into recovery/bootstrap. I backed up the stock rom and i update my backup of liberty once a week just to keep the info updated (every time i update the liberty backup i delete the old one bc they take up so much room)

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
That's really the only reason I haven't grabbed one the sbfs i've found. From what i've read running the wrong sbf will brick the phone permanently. Do you recomend bootstrap or titanium?

tb110895

Reaction score
I know right! Haha! Glad to hear you're getting a feel for everything bro! :)

Ok. Where did you dl'd it from?

DroidForums Junkie!!

Man, I haven't talked to you in forever! Guess its because I learned how to fix most of my own problems! lol

Did the OP get a good z4root? if not I have one

DroidForums Junkie!!

Since the last time we talked I did a lot. I reinstalled bootstap and flashed liberty 1.5, flashed all different themes, customized other themes to my liking, and got into metamorph. Now if I could just learn how to port themes to liberty i'd be set haha.
I could've swore you had a D2
Sent From My Liberated Droid 2

tb110895

Reaction score
That's really the only reason I haven't grabbed one the sbfs i've found. From what i've read running the wrong sbf will brick the phone permanently. Do you recomend bootstrap or titanium?

I use bootsrap to backup the stock and my current ROM and titanium to backup app data. Both are very good.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Both. Titanium backs up your apps and their data. Nandroid backups in Clockworkmod backup up your system. Basically, its like a screenshot of EVERYTHING that's on your phone now.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've just started playing around with MM and Ninjamorph since I'm starting to theme myself :)

Man, I haven't talked to you in forever! Guess its because I learned how to fix most of my own problems! lol

Did the OP get a good z4root? if not I have one

DroidForums Junkie!!

Since the last time we talked I did a lot. I reinstalled bootstap and flashed liberty 1.5, flashed all different themes, customized other themes to my liking, and got into metamorph. Now if I could just learn how to port themes to liberty i'd be set haha.

DroidForums Junkie!!

tb110895

Reaction score
I've only just started using MM. What's ninjamorph?
I've just started playing around with MM and Ninjamorph since I'm starting to theme myself :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
Well thank you guys. I really appreciate. Would you be opposed to me shooting you a PM if I run into trouble down the road?