New to Droid from Blackberry

bmuc1017

Reaction score
hello everyone,

i am brand new to this droid community. i was hugely into blackberry! i had a blackberry curve and then i upgraded to the storm 2 a week ago. when i was in the verizon store today, i was playing around with the Droid. i was very impressed with the phone. it was very responsive and VERY fast. i was talking to the sales rep about it and he mentioned he gave up blackberry for his Droid. i wasnt sure if i could give up blackberry messenger but i think i am going to be glad i did. the phone seems incredible.

i just want to know what everyone recommends when starting of with the droid? any cool applications? how to keep the life of the phone? how to keep the battery life up? just anything that can get me adjusted to being apart of this community.

i am sorry if all these questions are answered if i did a search, but i wanted to introduce myself and say that i have converted and i hope i will be happy...i think i may!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
:byestorm: Welcome "bmuc1017" To DroidForums :byestorm:

I can tell you this, BB Mess is about the only thing you may miss from your BB's.
You can start your life in the Droid Continuum by going to these links below.

DROID FAQ's

new2us-posting-applications

This should be good to keep you busy for a while :p
It's Great to have you join us here.
I Escaped the RIM world too. I have never looked back either !!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. You're story sounds almost identical to mine. I was returning my second BB Storm 2 and I had to wait a bit which gave me enough time to play around with the Droid, and that sold me. So instead of asking for another Storm 2 I asked for the Droid. Best decision I could have made and I haven't looked back either.

Don't forget there is Google Talk. Just have your BBM friends open up a Google Talk account and you can talk away over there.:)

OP
B

bmuc1017

Reaction score
awesome...so there are people like me out there!

yeah i am on Gchat a lot with some of my friends so hopefully i can get most of them to open up a gmail account