new to android, coming from iphone 4

6thgear

Reaction score
reporting from CA, got my droid x on launch day.. couldnt deal with dropping calls with att so switched to verizon and picked up this bad boy. hoping to learn a lot from this forum.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums.
Glad to see that you have chosen a android phone over the confines of the iphone. They really are great devices.
If you have any questions just ask, there are many people here ready to help.:)

OP
6thgear

6thgear

Reaction score
thanks! very excited to hear a firmware ota update has been released today!

JCo352

Reaction score
Wow, we sure have been getting a lot of iPhone4 converts lately. Maybe Steve really did drop the ball this time. Anyways, welcome to DroidForums!

OP
6thgear

6thgear

Reaction score
Thanks JCo, Dont get me wrong the iphone is one heck of a phone, great build quality, stylish, and fast, but i needed a phone that can actually make calls. Even with the 3gs that didn't have the external antenna I was constantly dropping calls.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome 6thGear! Like you, I'm a former iPhone (3G) owner. I've not had any regrets making the switch. Being able to root and switch roms has been a lot of fun. Additionally, the VZW network just out preforms AT&T.

Let us know if you have questions.

Mike

OP
6thgear

6thgear

Reaction score
Thanks mwharton, im really excited to learn about all the capabilities of this phone! My iphone was jailbroken and I think I customized almost every aspect of that phone, but the droid seems insane with its rooting and overclocking capabilities.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes the ability to customize is far superior to the iPhone. The only downside -- it is very very addictive. My wife just looks at me and says " what are you changing now"

Hope you have as much fun as I've had.

Mike

JCo352

Reaction score
Thanks mwharton, im really excited to learn about all the capabilities of this phone! My iphone was jailbroken and I think I customized almost every aspect of that phone, but the droid seems insane with its rooting and overclocking capabilities.

Unfortunately those capabilities are not yet possible on the Droid X.