(New Text) Notification Sound

RUSirius

Reaction score
I've had an HTC ONE for about 2 weeks know and have been unable change my (New Text) Notification Sound. Any suggestions?

VidJunky

Reaction score
You can change the overall notification sound in your sound settings from the phone menu. This will be the default sound you'll hear if you do not do the next step. The next step for changing and or setting individual sounds is to go into your app, in this case your SMS app, and going through it's settings to find notification settings. This will be how you can make email sound different than SMS, and weather alerts sound different than Facebook. Each app usually has it's own settings for notifications. Most SMS apps will also allow you to set individual notification sounds and behaviors for individual people also. Note that I say most and usually that's because not all apps are the same and not all apps are created equal. If you want more detailed help, like where to find the menu or how to set a specific sound you will need to be more detailed in your question. For example "I'm using Handcent SMS and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to set a notification sound for one contact different then all of the rest. And is there a way to change the notification symbol for that contact also?" Good luck and post back if you want more help.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into contacts. Select the person you want to change. Select message alert and change what you need to. This will change one person.

Go to settings> sound> default notification sound to change the default sound.

Last edited: